News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.6K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 464     0 

TTC: Flexity Streetcars Testing & Delivery (Bombardier)

So customer service is wrong?
Yes.

It has been TTC intention to have a number of the new cars on 511 already, but thanks to Thunder Bay, not the case.

511 or 509 should have 3 with 510 or 5?? having 2 once 4404 return to service this week.

TTC may have a 8th car for the Aug games and it should go to 511.

There were 2 LFLRVs running on 509, 510, and 511 all day yesterday. And again this morning. Much of the weekend too.
I have to be honest, I think this is a bit of a misguided attempt at accessibility spreading these out like this. How many trains is someone going to watch pass while waiting for an accessible streetcar if there are only 2 on each line? On Spadina the other day, the two LFLRVs were actually bunched up with only 1 CLRV separating them. That would make the wait at least 20 minutes before it came back around.

I think a much better strategy would be to put them all on one line (or maybe 2) and say that there's a high chance it will be accessible. I'm fine if that's Bathurst for the games, but right now, they're all sort of de facto not accessible.

Are my eyes deceiving me or did I just see a 4409 on Spadina just now? I was squinting to read it from afar so it could've been 4408.

Are my eyes deceiving me or did I just see a 4409 on Spadina just now? I was squinting to read it from afar so it could've been 4408.

It hasn't been 60 days since 4408 went into service so there's no way you saw that next car. /exaggerating to make the point

From this thread:

4408 was out of service heading from the CNE to go into service on Spadina (overheard operator talking to supervisor); at Spadina, instead of using the loop entrance to head north, the driver triggered the automatic switch to go from eastbound Queen's Quay directly onto northbound Spadina. The switch worked and he began his turn, derailing soon after. The 4 wheels in the 1st module of the car all derailed, but the wheels in modules 3 and 5 remained on the tracks. As the car was out of service, only the driver and a Presto rep were onboard, nonetheless it did not seem like the derailment was violent and they both seemed uninjured.

See the thread for more information.

img_0845-jpg.50598

To reverse using a trolley, they usually have a TTC employee holding the trolley rope and then have the operator reverse the streetcar, slowly. With the pantograph, the streetcar operator just has to drive backwards, again slowly to get the wheels back on the tracks.

I see 4403 stills has the door issues going back to last year.

Got off a 506 to see a new car coming south on 511 and turn out to be 4403. It turn out to be the only one I saw to the EX. It possible that another was up north behind my car.

A TTC driver was the info guy in my section and try at many stops to open the door with no luck to the point he told the driver to open all doors at all stops since he one of the train driver driving the new car. He said he loves the new cars and keeps the door open since he likes talking to riders.

He said the doors have been an issue and would reboot the system once at the EX.

Only saw 4406 on 509 and not a good sign for both routes.

Leaving Union Station around 8:30, huge line up for the 509 to the point 1 possible 2 new cars were playing follow the leader. One of them had their wheels squealing like the CLRV and that not supposed to be happening.

One of them had their wheels squealing like the CLRV and that not supposed to be happening.

I've noticed they actuly sequel more then the CLRVs in union probably because of of how tight the curve is and the trucks don't steer on them. Plus don't forget you have steel wheels rubbing against steel rails

Back