News   Jul 15, 2024
 112     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 504     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 606     1 

TTC: Flexity Streetcars Testing & Delivery (Bombardier)

My understanding was that only 509 and 511 were going to be LFLRV during the games because the Ex is a games venue needing accessible transportation but there are no venues along 510. I wonder if this will end up being finessed like the Carlton temporary venue bus with all available LFLRVs being on 509.

Sending 4402 back just before the games was a very odd call though if the training schedule can't be met with only 4401. It does point up the disadvantage of Bombardier not having a facility in Toronto to do post-delivery work, or better still to have located the damn line at the MSF as is happening in Ottawa for an order a sixth the size of our 204.

Per the official TTC service summary for June 21-Sept 5 including the Pan Am Games (http://www.ttc.ca/PDF/Transit_Planning/Service_Summary_2015-06-21.pdf), for the entire period until Sept 5 including during the games, 509 and 510 will see a mix of LFLRVs. 511 will see LFLRVs only during the games from July 11-26, not during the rest of the period. Additionally from July 11-26 there is a massive increase in 511 and especially 509 service, and consequently the 510 is being scheduled to only run to King or Queen's Quay, not Union, requiring transfers to/from the 509 (again, only during the games).

I would certainly agree that it would make sense, and be likely, that all of the LFLRVs will be on 509/511, not 510 (maybe except one, but maybe not even that), for accessible service to the CNE-based venues during the games, despite the schedule saying they'll be on 510 as well...we'll see.

Per the official TTC service summary for June 21-Sept 5 including the Pan Am Games (http://www.ttc.ca/PDF/Transit_Planning/Service_Summary_2015-06-21.pdf), for the entire period until Sept 5 including during the games, 509 and 510 will see a mix of LFLRVs. 511 will see LFLRVs only during the games from July 11-26, not during the rest of the period. Additionally from July 11-26 there is a massive increase in 511 and especially 509 service, and consequently the 510 is being scheduled to only run to King or Queen's Quay, not Union, requiring transfers to/from the 509 (again, only during the games).

I would certainly agree that it would make sense, and be likely, that all of the LFLRVs will be on 509/511, not 510 (maybe except one, but maybe not even that), for accessible service to the CNE-based venues during the games, despite the schedule saying they'll be on 510 as well...we'll see.

My guess will be it will depend on how many of them are available for service during that time period. I saw 4401 on a training run heading north on Bathurst today.

Other than 4401, none of the new cars will be use for training during the games and will be in service all the time unless there is an issue with them.

You need at least 2 cars on 510 to maintain the accessibility needs that TTC has forgot about these days, considering this was day one goal.

Not sure if it's noteworthy, but I spotted one of our LFLRV rolling around Hillcrest with the panto up. First time I've seen an LFLRV with panto
Here is 4401 on June 11, 2014

Other than 4401, none of the new cars will be use for training during the games and will be in service all the time unless there is an issue with them.

You need at least 2 cars on 510 to maintain the accessibility needs that TTC has forgot about these days, considering this was day one goal.
Couldn't TTC deploy standard or wheeltrans buses to carry 510 accessible needs passengers along Spadina to Queens Quay while the LFLRVs are withdrawn? Since Spadina is only technically accessible on the BD line it isn't the best node for such transfers anyway

Couldn't TTC deploy standard or wheeltrans buses to carry 510 accessible needs passengers along Spadina to Queens Quay while the LFLRVs are withdrawn? Since Spadina is only technically accessible on the BD line it isn't the best node for such transfers anyway
I think it's easier for therm to just have the LFRVs plus they have to have different routing for buses to serve Spadiaa and Union station as they are underground.

Not sure if it's noteworthy, but I spotted one of our LFLRV rolling around Hillcrest with the panto up. First time I've seen an LFLRV with panto

I think they always have them up when there at Hillcrest.
15228415251_c23530f429_z_d.jpg

I think they always have them up when there at Hillcrest.
No they don't. Have videos and photos showing the poles up. In fact, the videos after the one above I posted, shows 4403 coming out of the building with pole up.

It's interesting to see how curious the public is about the new streetcars, almost two years after they were first delivered.

I was just at Spadina Station and there were about 30 people waiting on the streetcar platform. Of the 30, no more than 6 boarded the CLRV. The rest of the crowd waited for the LFLRV, which could be seen approaching in the tunnel.

One guy boarded the CLRV, not realizing that the group of friends he was with decided to wait for the LFLRV (apparently without telling him). By time he realized, the doors closed and the CLRV whisked him away :)

It's interesting to see how curious the public is about the new streetcars, almost two years after they were first delivered.

I was just at Spadina Station and there were about 30 people waiting on the streetcar platform. Of the 30, no more than 6 boarded the CLRV. The rest of the crowd waited for the LFLRV, which could be seen approaching in the tunnel.

One guy boarded the CLRV, not realizing that the group of friends he was with decided to wait for the LFLRV (apparently without telling him). By time he realized, the doors closed and the CLRV whisked him away :)

If an LFLRV is there I would consider waiting because of the air conditioning. CLRVs are ovens in the summer.

I think it's easier for therm to just have the LFRVs plus they have to have different routing for buses to serve Spadiaa and Union station as they are underground.
just looked at service summary. No 510 past Queens Quay Loop during the games anyway. Transfer to 509 it says. 509/511/510 all supposedly with some LFLRVs... Get well soon 4404!

Edit: correction to above - no LFLRVs listed for 511. Misread that somehow
Edit2: thoroughly confused. I did see LFsc for 511 on page 4 but only CLRVs for another version of 511 on page 12!

Last edited:

Back