News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.6K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 460     0 

TTC: Flexity Streetcars Testing & Delivery (Bombardier)

The Spadina streetcar platform, less than 12 hours before the arrival of our iconic new streetcars. Take note of the new platform edge markings

8ICkbZF.jpg

hmm, the main issue I see, the proof of payment machines ... they're only located by 2 of the doors correct, doesn't that imply someone without a metro pass must get on at those doors if the streetcar is crowded, otherwise they'd need to push there way to the machines further up ?

hmm, the main issue I see, the proof of payment machines ... they're only located by 2 of the doors correct, doesn't that imply someone without a metro pass must get on at those doors if the streetcar is crowded, otherwise they'd need to push there way to the machines further up ?
Many of the busier Spadina stops will have machines. The busiest stop is Spadina, and no one will be buying a ticket there. I'd think those who have to use the machines, would simply get used to getting in a door by a ticket machine, if they are at a quieter stop that doesn't have one. Worst comes to worse, you push your way through ...

It'll get much easier once Presto happens as even occasional users will use presto, it makes sense for most TTC trips, essentially only tourists and people who use the TTC twice a year will be the ones without one.

Many of the busier Spadina stops will have machines. The busiest stop is Spadina, and no one will be buying a ticket there. I'd think those who have to use the machines, would simply get used to getting in a door by a ticket machine, if they are at a quieter stop that doesn't have one. Worst comes to worse, you push your way through ...

Should be interesting to see how this really works out in reality ... it works today at the front as there is essentially an area know one can stand in and this is where the 'line' forms to board ... now folks will need to learn to board, make there way to the machine and than clear out the way.

They listed the stops that would have machines and there weren't many, I can see this working if all the big intersections have them but it didn't sound like it'd be implemented like that, at least not from day one.

I agree over time it'll be a smaller issue with presto.

Attachments

• 4403 2014 08 31.jpg
    4403 2014 08 31.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 750
Last edited:
They listed the stops that would have machines and there weren't many, I can see this working if all the big intersections have them but it didn't sound like it'd be implemented like that, at least not from day one.
Oh, I haven't seen a list. There was suppose to be eight on day one. Is the list somewhere?

Southbound, I'd think only College and Dundas would warrant. And I'd think 6 northbound would work (King, Queen, Dundas, College ... and a couple more in between).

BTW, here's a picture @michaelnhem tweeted a few minutes ago:

View attachment 32200

Last edited:
I can already tell that fare payment on this thing is going to be a mess when it's crowded. I got on the LFLRV and Sussex and it it's impossible for me to move around the vehicle due to crowding. I can't reach a fare payment machine no matter how hard I try. If I were to get off at my normal stop, I would have had to leave the vehicle without paying.

kiCGGg2.jpg

I've been watching http://doconnor.homeip.net/TransSee/FleetFind.php?a=ttc&lowrange=4300&highrange=5000 and http://totransit.ca/ since about 8:45, and it's shown that 4403 is parked just southeast of the platform at Spadina station since then.

Which of course is impossible. I know the GPS doesn't work as well underground. Is it possible it's parked on the loop, between the entrance and exit (I didn't know it was long enough)? If not, I'm a bit mystified at what is generating that data.

View attachment 32199

It was waiting in the pocket track.

http://t.co/qLhF3Ve234

Did anyone else on UT make on on the LFLRV or am I the only one? ;)

I think this will be a big mess .. they need these machines at all stops (and they can get rid of stops while they're at it), it doesn't matter how sparsely used a stop is, even if 2 or 3 people get on that have to push there way forward.

TigerMaster, question, did you not get on beside the door with the payment machine ?

That's one thing I don't understand ? Why don't all doors have it ??

What about the presto roll out, will all doors have it than ?

Any other comments btw ? Are there sufficient hand holds throughout ? i.e. I'm thinking of the issue with the subway cars where there are areas with nothing to hold.

Back