News   Jul 15, 2024
 465     3 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 620     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 575     0 

TTC: Flexity Streetcars Testing & Delivery (Bombardier)

I can't believe how quiet they are. The video at Bathurst station, you can clearly hear the CLRV. What a difference.

I just hope the TTC rolls out these beasts with care and educate the public on what to expect with the new features. Both transit users and motorists.

I can't believe how quiet they are. The video at Bathurst station, you can clearly hear the CLRV. What a difference.

I just hope the TTC rolls out these beasts with care and educate the public on what to expect with the new features. Both transit users and motorists.

The bogie skirts definitely make them quieter, and make them look better as well by hiding the wheels.

The new streetcars are quiet. Very quiet. In fact they're so quiet that they sound like crickets.

Listen at 0:23 in the video.

I disagree. The paint scheme on these vehicles is beautiful. Are there any alternative designs you'd prefer?

Agreed, I'm love to see this new streetcar livery be adapted to the TTC bus fleet, just as the CLRV arrival resulted in a new bus livery.

It's very TTC but feels cleaner and more modern than the old take.

I think the livery is alright, it's certainly not bad. But do all the trams have to be the same? Maybe we could brighten things up and add some variety...

Tramway_de_Reims.jpg

I think the livery is alright, it's certainly not bad. But do all the trams have to be the same? Maybe we could brighten things up and add some variety...

Tramway_de_Reims.jpg

I think the streetcars should be as ugly as possible so that riders can differentiate them from the light rail vehicles that the Transit City lines will use.

Application: Building Additions/Alterations Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M5S 2R7

Ward 20: Trinity-Spadina

Application#: 13 138808 BLD 00 BA Accepted Date: Mar 22, 2013

Project: Transit Station,Subway, Bus Terminal Interior Alterations

Description: Proposal to raise and resurface the street car platform at Spadina Station to accommodate new street car design (181.2m2).

Application: Building Additions/Alterations Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M5S 2R7

Ward 20: Trinity-Spadina

Application#: 13 138808 BLD 00 BA Accepted Date: Mar 22, 2013

Project: Transit Station,Subway, Bus Terminal Interior Alterations

Description: Proposal to raise and resurface the street car platform at Spadina Station to accommodate new street car design (181.2m2).

Was this application just made? I'm surprised the TTC didn't try to do this earlier when the Spadina Streetcar was out of service for upgrades. They could have killed two birds with one stone.

I disagree. The paint scheme on these vehicles is beautiful. Are there any alternative designs you'd prefer?

Perhaps if red was dominant with just a thin white stripe, it would be sharper. The TTC streetcar colours have changed with new generations of streetcars. The PCCs had the bold cream-red combination, which then changed to a more modern red-white-black on the CLRVs. In Greater Toronto, the style benchmark is Brampton Zum's sharp combination of red, silver, and white dots which convey a sense of motion. Using silver instead of white would have looked sharper and more modern.

Back