News   Aug 23, 2024
 846     0 
News   Aug 23, 2024
 1.4K     3 
News   Aug 23, 2024
 504     0 

TTC: Easier Access Phase III

Donlands station mini update:

A bit of progress on the ground level, and they've started framing the ceiling on the mezzanine. Also, the hoarding on the mezzanine has been replaced with a fence.
1000018525.jpg
1000018527.jpg

Donlands station mini update:

A bit of progress on the ground level, and they've started framing the ceiling on the mezzanine. Also, the hoarding on the mezzanine has been replaced with a fence.
View attachment 571577View attachment 571578

The opening up of the top of the stairwell to more natural light is welcome, the elevator, of course, a great addition; but sadly, those awful ceiling finishes are going in throughout the station.

The ceiling on street level previously, while a bit dated (a variation are the typical TTC slatted ceilings) was among the nicer looking in the system, in conjunction w/better than average lighting. Here we go spending real money to cheapen the look.

The opening up of the top of the stairwell to more natural light is welcome, the elevator, of course, a great addition; but sadly, those awful ceiling finishes are going in throughout the station.

The ceiling on street level previously, while a bit dated (a variation are the typical TTC slatted ceilings) was among the nicer looking in the system, in conjunction w/better than average lighting. Here we go spending real money to cheapen the look.
I didn't bother posting the ceiling/wall treatment. It's... Meh

Edit: but here it is. Not a great angle
1000018526.jpg

Last edited:
Donlands elevators are open! I didn't notice them open this morning as I entered the station and went right onto my bus. Anyway, it looks okay at the surface (with the exception of those large tiles above the stairs). I didn't have time to take a photo, but the little passageway from the elevator to the mezzanine seems small and closed off... some might find it unsafe due to lack of sightlines. I'll try to get a photo tomorrow.

(Edit: me no spells so good)

1000021501.jpg
1000021502.jpg

Though one obviously needs to stop somewhere and I suspect this is outside the area of the reno, it's a pity nobody TTC or City, thought to fix THIS adjacent piece too.

View attachment 589180

I'm not sure that yellow isn't required for something in scope.........have a look at the furthest right light fixture on the entrance canopy.......... maybe my eyes are deceiving me, but something doesn't look right there......... ...oh, and don't get me started about all the exterior lighting being on in the midst of bright, daytime sunshine.

Back