News   Jul 15, 2024
 73     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 341     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 536     0 

TTC: Easier Access Phase III

Riyadh, in Saudi Arabia (under construction)

Tokyo Metro has air conditioning at many underground stations (not sure about all)

Underground stations in New Delhi also have a/c

Guangzhou Metro is putting a/c in their new stations (not sure if its in older ones)

Tehran's system has a/c in all the stations I believe.
So essentially places where they seem to have all kinds of money for everything transit related and then some then. Again I don't really see it as something we are going to see in any stations that are currently being built or currently planned for anytime soon.

So essentially places where they seem to have all kinds of money for everything transit related and then some then. Again I don't really see it as something we are going to see in any stations that are currently being built or currently planned for anytime soon.

You're welcome for the answer to your question.

From FakeNewsTO.

https://www.blogto.com/city/2020/10/ttc-giving-donlands-station-major-makeover/

1603864598771.png

1603864628337.png

The second entrance reminds me of some of the Eglinton Crosstown stations. More specifically it's similar to Science Centre station.

From the BlogTO article cited above; a very unusual arrangement for many homes along Strathmore.

They are going to have the majority of their front yards removed during construction.

On the north side of the road, this leads to a new walkway across the balance of said yards.

1603889933898.png

But if you thought that was intrusive........

On the south side, a new walkway will actually use people's existing porches, and connect them:

1603890042625.png

Yikes.

Talk about serious impacts on privacy.

Also on mail/package delivery.

Indeed, they said that a 1966 station opened in the 1980s!

As loathe as I am to defend BlogTO.....

They're not completely incorrect. The current bus loop and surface station structure was built in 1984. As built, Donlands had only a small glass and aluminum pavilion protecting the staircase down to the mezzanine where the fareline was located - and with a small (10 spots, maybe?) parking lot occupying the rest of the lot.

Dan

As loathe as I am to defend BlogTO.....

They're not completely incorrect. The current bus loop and surface station structure was built in 1984. As built, Donlands had only a small glass and aluminum pavilion protecting the staircase down to the mezzanine where the fareline was located - and with a small (10 spots, maybe?) parking lot occupying the rest of the lot.

Dan

Ok, points to Dan; its not often I learn something about this City's TTC history. As someone interested in transit since my childhood; I've long taken an interest.

I had always noted when using Donlands (not a common experience) that the lighting/ceiling finishes were not the same as the rest of B-D line of the period.

They definitely have hallmarks of the 80s.

I had, erroneously just assumed it was a probably a fire, or other incident that had caused damage and the finishes has been replaced.

So, this revelation got me looking for a photo of the original Donlands Stn (such as it was).

No luck so far; and how curious that this is one station that Transit Toronto has not database for...........

I had, erroneously just assumed it was a probably a fire, or other incident that had caused damage and the finishes has been replaced.

I do believe that only happened once at Christie. Even when the garbage train burned at Old Mill everything was put back to normal.

On the agenda for the Nov 16th, 2020 TTC Meeting is a report which discusses schedules and costs for several upcoming accessibility projects. The Yorkdale Skylight is also bundled here.

Report link here: http://www.ttc.ca/About_the_TTC/Com...ign_Services_Contract_Procurement_Amendme.pdf

From said report:

1605038387715.png

Some info on Warden Station.

The Warden Station Redevelopment project (E4-13) has been integrated with the EAIIIproject planned for the site to facilitate design, construction, constructability and integration.The current bus terminal at Warden Station has a multiple-bay configuration with separate stairs to each bay. The station will require new multi-bay bus platforms with common stairs, escalators and elevators.Adding to the redevelopment complexity of Warden Station is the designation of the site for future residential development by CreateTO for housing needs and the resulting site constraints,which involve delineation of the site between the TTC and CreateTO areas.The elevator installation elementsof the EAIIIproject planned for the passenger pick-up/drop-off area and subway platform for the existing station at Warden has been separated from the redevelopment project under a separate contract(E45-5)in advance of the redevelopment work. This was done to advance work on these elements of the project while the redevelopment design is being finalized for execution.

1605038561580.png

The remaining elements of the redevelopment project (E4-13) will continue beyond 2025. In order to fulfil the AODA mandate while completing the required redevelopment scope at the station, extensive staging of the work is required, including a temporary bus terminal at the station.The multi-bay bus platforms at Warden Station will be constructed within the property boundary of the station, constrained by the adjacent site identified for future residential development by CreateTO. Construction of a temporary bus platform will be required to allow for demolition of the existing bus platform and construction of the new one, all to be completed within the station siteat Warden. The temporary terminal is required as the new terminal will need to be constructed at the same location as the current bus terminal

1605038619998.png

As part of a report a new Second Exit for Lawrence West Station, coming to the next TTC Meeting on November 16th, we get some updates on the pipeline.

The report is here: http://www.ttc.ca/About_the_TTC/Com...provements_New_Dell_Park_Avenue_Entrance_.pdf

From said report:

Museum, Summerhill and Dundas West stations are in the design stage. Additionally, Greenwood Station was identified as requiring a second exit and the location was selected by its Local Working Group and is under review by the City. Lastly, the planning and property search for Dundas Station is ongoing.

The primary purpose of the report is to seek approval in principle for the second exit at Lawrence West.

They review several options, which you can see in the report. This was the preferred alternative:

1605039118188.png

Back