News   Mar 28, 2024
 525     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 409     1 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 747     0 

TTC: Automatic Train Control and Subway Platform Screen Doors

There used to be automated announcements on the TRs anytime a train was traveling at reduced speeds around slow orders due to construction. Yet another thing that magically disappeared under Leary's idiotic "leadership".

Not that it would make things much better, since virtually all construction projects undertaken on the subway system have gone on much longer then they were supposed to go in the first place.

There is no transparency or accountability. Heck they don’t even post construction schedules on TTC website. All the accessibility and elevator project have no project schedule or timeline. Only vague notions. Not that Metrolinx is any better but how hard is it in this day and age to publish their project schedules and keep them updated for the public to see. They should do it for projects big and small. It seems the TTC are now incapable of ever running a system without daily failures or delays or slow orders. This is now a system that is not over crowded as ridership is only slowing building back up from post COVID.

There used to be automated announcements on the TRs anytime a train was traveling at reduced speeds around slow orders due to construction. Yet another thing that magically disappeared under Leary's idiotic "leadership".

Not that it would make things much better, since virtually all construction projects undertaken on the subway system have gone on much longer then they were supposed to go in the first place.
Those were brought in under Andy Byford, iirc.
Leary is anti-transit as far as I can tell.

There is no transparency or accountability. Heck they don’t even post construction schedules on TTC website. All the accessibility and elevator project have no project schedule or timeline. Only vague notions. Not that Metrolinx is any better but how hard is it in this day and age to publish their project schedules and keep them updated for the public to see. They should do it for projects big and small. It seems the TTC are now incapable of ever running a system without daily failures or delays or slow orders. This is now a system that is not over crowded as ridership is only slowing building back up from post COVID.

100% on the bolded.

Leary ducks accountability as much or more than any City Agency/Dept. manager, and that's saying something.

Its extraordinary. Its night and day from Andy.

Those were brought in under Andy Byford, iirc.
Leary is anti-transit as far as I can tell.
Interestingly i actually heard one today as i was leaving Islington sation heading towards Kipling there was one about going slowly because of track conditions ahead.

Oh did already they hear us talking about their ineptitude?

They should do that more often!
Maybe someone did see it and asked why aren't we doing it still? It's not really something that is hard to do all they have to do is put a transmitter for the announcement near the work zone and the antenna under the train will detect it.

Welp..

20221007_170107.jpg

What is Pattinsons Involvement in this? Totally as a supplier of the product? Or are they deriving any revenue from information placement?
The terms of their contract with the TTC states that some small percentage - something like 10% - out of all of their advertising must be made available to the TTC for informational programming.

Dan

The terms of their contract with the TTC states that some small percentage - something like 10% - out of all of their advertising must be made available to the TTC for informational programming.

Dan

Contract was merged into the broader Pattison contract for advertising on TTC and extended through 2033, as per this report (assuming it was approved and went through Council)

Sigh, I find their system next to worthless as constituted and wish the contract had been allowed to expire; and then put out for bids again, after public consultation.

I find the whole series of contract extensions described in the report disturbing, I won't allege anything improper in the absence of evidence; but I will say I disagree with the decision and find it hard to rationalize.

You can say that again! The fact that you have to walk right up to the sign to see when the next train is arriving, while their ads can be viewed from halfway down the platform, is nothing short of obscene.
might as well take the displays down if the primary purpose is to advertise...

Back