News   May 03, 2024
 875     1 
News   May 03, 2024
 543     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 266     0 

Trucking company - McDowell Transport ... or something like that

nfitz, i tried to do a search with names similar to the one you posted (mc dowel, mac dowell, mc donell, mac donell, etc.) but i couldn't find much.

i suggest going back to the scene around the same time and day of the week and keeping an eye out if possible. you could get lucky and score based on a regular route/schedule of a driver. it's a long shot but sometimes it pays off.

Yeah, I've pondered that. It's a shame I don't have a car any more! :)

Seriously though, if I didn't have a full-time job, and no time, as it was, I'd be quite happy to do a stake-out. But reality is, that the $500 deductible is a better deal ... sigh ...

did you check the area for any surveillance cameras? though i'd think it would be too late for that because usually those things are on loops and record over. it's something you really gotta check asap and not later.

it's a bitch to go through such a process. i'll keep an eye out for red transport trucks for you with names similar to the one you posted.

White ... lettering was red. Sigh, a white transport truck in Toronto ... how many of them!

Thanks

was the name both on the trailer and the tractor? both trailer and tractor were white?

was the name both on the trailer and the tractor? both trailer and tractor were white?
The belief was that the tractor was white, but there isn't a report of what might have been on it. Given the shock of what happened, I'm actually impressed my wife had the sense to start reading the trailer, just in case the truck didn't stop; the licence plate was already too far away at that point (so we are talking big letters). And the police report says the witness has a slightly different spelling, MacDowell Transport as opposed to McDowell Transport - though it was taken over the phone - and "MacDowell Transport" googles even worse than "McDowell"!

Last edited:
Ah, here's a break. Another witness left their phone number, but hadn't said much at the time.

My insurance company (who have have a vested interest in this) contacted them, and they said the truck said McConnell not McDowell. I guess it's pretty close, on the back of a dirty truck from a distance. And the lettering is red!

Thanks for the suggestions everyone ... now let's see if they admit they had a vehicle in the area!

Back