News   Apr 24, 2024
 627     0 

Trucking company - McDowell Transport ... or something like that

nfitz

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Not sure if this is the right forum.

Seems a large transport truck just sideswiped my car at a traffic light, and did a runner. McDowell Transport witnesses say, red letters on the truck. But I can't find any trace of it in the phonebook, or on the Internet. Might not be local. Islington and Queensway.

Anyone have any idea what this company might be? Needless to say, I'm not sure about the spelling.

Sounds like it could have been Manitoulin Transport. They are a huge trucking company all over the country. Their Ontario office is located out of Gore Bay, ON. They are always associated with the colour red. My bet though is unless you have a license plate or other information then you may be out of luck. Did you call the police after it happened?

Yeah police called - 9-1-1-; take it to the reporting centre they say. Hit and run. Take it to the reporting centre they say.

Hmm, Manitoulin ... I'm quite familiar with them ... that doesn't sound right ... but I'll ask a few more questions of those who saw it happen.

Roger McDowell Transport?

EDIT: Never mind! They're in the UK.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe if it's as in "Malcolm", they can adopt a logo
T2_clock_logo_black_orange_cl.jpg

were you stuck in traffic?

I would've chased it down.
I wasn't driving - or anywhere nearby. My wife was, with a baby in the car. I might well have, though by the time she realised the truck was not going to stop, there were pedestrians swarming the car to make sure everything was okay, and offering phone-numbers as witnesses - as they were quite stunned to see the truck ... which did the turn very fast, from a non-turning lane, as the light was changing green. And there were chunks of metal and plastic dangling from the car, which was somewhat driveable ...

Doesn't look like it is that Sudbury-based MacDowell. The MacDowell was red on white on the back of the trailer, and they didn't seem to have any proper trailers from the website; looked to be a mining support company ... hard to imagine they would be in Etobicoke.

I expect the truck was quickly on the QEW or 427, or off the Gardiner (accident was northbound Islington to westbound Queensway). Shame that the camera data isn't publically accessible, as it would be easy to spot. And somehow I doubt our police will actually try and solve this. Hmm, I wonder if I could do a FOI request on the camera video.

I wasn't driving - or anywhere nearby. My wife was, with a baby in the car. I might well have, though by the time she realised the truck was not going to stop, there were pedestrians swarming the car to make sure everything was okay, and offering phone-numbers as witnesses - as they were quite stunned to see the truck ... which did the turn very fast, from a non-turning lane, as the light was changing green. And there were chunks of metal and plastic dangling from the car, which was somewhat driveable ...

Doesn't look like it is that Sudbury-based MacDowell. The MacDowell was red on white on the back of the trailer, and they didn't seem to have any proper trailers from the website; looked to be a mining support company ... hard to imagine they would be in Etobicoke.

I expect the truck was quickly on the QEW or 427, or off the Gardiner (accident was northbound Islington to westbound Queensway). Shame that the camera data isn't publically accessible, as it would be easy to spot. And somehow I doubt our police will actually try and solve this. Hmm, I wonder if I could do a FOI request on the camera video.

Have you asked the police department to investigate this and somehow get the camera videos? One would think it'll be easy to spot a red and white truck on a camera if the time and locations are given.

Have you asked the police deparment to investigate this and some how get the camera videos? If you could provide them with a time and location as evidance, they may be more willing to help.
Two different people called 9-1-1 immediately ... and our wonderful police recommended that the car should be driven or towed to the nearest reporting centre, where they would start the investigation. I'm sure they have their best officers on it. I should follow up with them tomorrow.

Two different people called 9-1-1 immediately ... and our wonderful police recommended that the car should be driven or towed to the nearest reporting centre, where they would start the investigation. I'm sure they have their best officers on it. I should follow up with them tomorrow.

yeah my butt.

So the truck is a semi. What type of trailer is it? Flatbed or enclosed?

Back