1.9K     1 

Transit Fantasy Maps

You_Doodle+_2023-08-18T06_34_33Z.jpeg
You_Doodle+_2023-08-18T07_32_36Z.jpeg
You_Doodle+_2023-08-17T04_12_00Z.jpeg
You_Doodle+_2023-08-17T03_00_40Z.jpeg

You_Doodle+_2023-08-15T23_55_14Z.jpeg

You_Doodle+_2023-08-18T23_27_24Z.jpeg

With seemingly a new seriousness about Bolton service it's occurred to me that it might make a lot more sense to build a new corridor from Bolton to Orangeville than try to revive the OBRY...

1692667998842.png

Certainly no spectacular demand, but I'd be a lot quicker to support this than any incarnation of the 413.

Last edited:
With seemingly a new seriousness about Bolton service it's occurred to me that it might make a lot more sense to build a new corridor from Bolton to Orangeville than try to revive the OBRY...

View attachment 501576
Certainly no spectacular demand, but I'd be a lot quick to support this than any incarnation of the 413.

That’s basically a revival of the original Toronto, Grey and Bruce Railway alignment through Bolton and Caledon Village. CP abandoned it in the 1930s because of the steep grades that required a horseshoe curve, and routed all trains to Orangeville and beyond via the old Credit Valley Railway through Streetsville and Brampton.

The scope of GO Expansion has increased significantly since OnXpress took over development and construction of the project from Metrolinx, and I noticed there really wasn’t many graphics or maps representing that.

GO won’t only have 15 minute service in the core network, but a lot more across the entire network.

This is my vision of what the network mighty look like post-GO Expansion, mostly inspired by the small bits and pieces Metrolinx and OnXpress have said here and there about the frequency of service:
You_Doodle+_2023-08-31T19_57_37Z.jpeg

Hello! I just wanted to share a fantasy GO bus network map I just made. I don't know every single corner of the GTHA that well so if you see issues please point them out.
If the image is too compressed here is the full link

View attachment 504531
This is amazing! we totally need this level of service in the region

Hello! I just wanted to share a fantasy GO bus network map I just made. I don't know every single corner of the GTHA that well so if you see issues please point them out.
If the image is too compressed here is the full link

*Snipped image to save screen space*

You're missing a GO Crosstown line (and possible Northen Crosstown)

I find it odd that the GO bus network hasn't expanded north beyond Barrie and west beyond K/W. Many will argue that it is due to the fact that people won't be commuting toToronto from that far. Maybe it is time toreally change the GO mandate from a Toronto centric to a regional public transit. Maybe even a provincial mandate (Remember GO does stand for Government of Ontario) with focus citiessuch as Ottawa, Toronto, Barrie, Oshawa, Hamilton, K/W, and London.

Back