News   Apr 24, 2024
 157     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 2.1K     5 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 605     0 

Transit Fantasy Maps

After seeing the new GGH Transportation Plan, I figured I'd try and put on paper what the theoretical cross-region line and Ontario Line loop may look like. I diagrammed out rough frequencies and stations. I've assumed the routing uses existing highway corridors almost exclusively. I haven't included the Pearson to Kipling extension of the Ontario line, but that would just be a continuation of the 6tph complete line routing for the Ontario line (potentially with 4-6tph of Kipling to Pearson shuttles to bolster frequency to the airport.
Transit-Layout5.png

Could you imagine trundling from Barrie to Union in a TR, rolling through countyside? Why on earth would anyone want to do that?

I doubt Line 1 will ever be extended to Major Mack, much less Barrie.

The Line 1 extensions could be extended even further to go around Lake Simcoe and then connect with each other on the north side of the lake to create a gigantic belt line.
nah the Yonge branch needs to be tunneled in a straight line under the Yonge alignment the entire way. Maybe the tunnel could be run under Lake Simcoe and then come out slightly east of Barrie

Could you imagine trundling from Barrie to Union in a TR, rolling through countyside? Why on earth would anyone want to do that?

I doubt Line 1 will ever be extended to Major Mack, much less Barrie.

I see it being extended to Vaughan Mills, but not much further.

Back