News   Jul 16, 2024
 354     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 456     2 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 1.3K     3 

Transit Fantasy Maps

Two possibilities for Bolton. The first is what was identified in the last report, that actually proposed sending it across Steeles and down the Barrie Line to take advantage of more track space compared to Kitchener within the City limits.

Second that has been floated is a shuttle service to either Weston or Mount Dennis, similar to how Niagara will work with West Harbour.

I could see the same for Orangeville Line, but terminate at Brampton GO.

Small DMU's that would be more cost effective for the ridership.

This was what was done in San Diego with the Sprinter/Coaster

SD-DLR-Oceanside-070309-13.jpg

san-diego-commuter-rail-map.png

I know we have "transfer phobia" in Toronto, but we can't keep sending trains to Union until the station explodes. It will already be packed with GO RER.

Last edited:
I know we have "transfer phobia" in Toronto, but we can't keep sending trains to Union until the station explodes. It will already be packed with GO RER.
It the transfer is not an issue with people, the exact same number of people will go to Union Station - but via transfer and not directly.

So either
  1. the transfer is introduced for the sole purpose of ensuring that fewer people take transit, or,
  2. the transfer is added to save money (with hopefully minor inconvenience), with no effect on Union.

Here are some fantasy maps I made. The descriptions make kind of a bit of sense :D

Status Quo
Status Quo.png

In Construction
In Construction.png

Possibly Funding
Possibly Funding.png

In Planning
In Planning.png

Possible Expansion
Possible Expansion.png

Possibly Planned
Possibly Planned.png

Kind of Crazy
Kind of Crazy.png

CRAZY
CRAZY.png

ADD MORE CRAZY WITH GO!!!
GRAZY GO.png

Attachments

• CRAZY.png
    CRAZY.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 641
  • GRAZY GO.png
    GRAZY GO.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 767
  • In Construction.png
    In Construction.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 549
  • In Planning.png
    In Planning.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 562
  • Kind of Crazy.png
    Kind of Crazy.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 626
  • Possible Expansion.png
    Possible Expansion.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 578
  • Possibly Funding.png
    Possibly Funding.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 583
  • Possibly Planned.png
    Possibly Planned.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 597
  • Status Quo.png
    Status Quo.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 633
Here are some fantasy maps I made. The descriptions make kind of a bit of sense :D

ADD MORE CRAZY WITH GO!!!
View attachment 129011

I agree that the Spadina Line should be extended eventually to Vaughan Mills and Canadas Wonderland, albeit above ground (trenched or elevated)

But after all this and not a single line to the Toronto Zoo??

Finch LRT should have an extension to the Zoo.

Or Bloor line shouldnt go straight up to Sheppard, there is no destination there, it should verge west after STC to hit Centennial College, Malvern Town Centre, and continue to the Zoo.

Also the DRL west will never go in the Georgetown South rail corridor, there is no room.

honestly before we even think of a subway to wonderland, lawrence av. or wilson/york mills/ellesmere should have some higher order transit (something between rapid and local transit) either in the form of lrt or brt. thats a huge gap on this map. those corridors are only getting denser and frequent local busses arent gonna be enough in 40 years

honestly before we even think of a subway to wonderland, lawrence av. or wilson/york mills/ellesmere should have some higher order transit (something between rapid and local transit) either in the form of lrt or brt. thats a huge gap on this map. those corridors are only getting denser and frequent local busses arent gonna be enough in 40 years
You're basically saying to have BRT/LRT on every single arterial road, which everyone should agree about.

You're basically saying to have BRT/LRT on every single arterial road, which everyone should agree about.

not really i'd be fine with either corridor cuz the map has a huge gap and that kinda thing is rarely proposed. best option imo is brt on ellesmere/york mills/wilson/dixon from UTSC to YYZ with key connectionz to centennial college, Scarborough centre, humber river hospital along the way. advantage of brt is the flexibility and i think frequent artics should be able to handle the demand. idk about brt or lrt for EVERY arterial but frequent busses for sure

not really i'd be fine with either corridor cuz the map has a huge gap and that kinda thing is rarely proposed. best option imo is brt on ellesmere/york mills/wilson/dixon from UTSC to YYZ with key connectionz to centennial college, Scarborough centre, humber river hospital along the way. advantage of brt is the flexibility and i think frequent artics should be able to handle the demand. idk about brt or lrt for EVERY arterial but frequent busses for sure

Let's not get carried away. They don't even have late night service on the 186 yet.

I agree that the Spadina Line should be extended eventually to Vaughan Mills and Canadas Wonderland, albeit above ground (trenched or elevated)

But after all this and not a single line to the Toronto Zoo??

Finch LRT should have an extension to the Zoo.

Or Bloor line shouldnt go straight up to Sheppard, there is no destination there, it should verge west after STC to hit Centennial College, Malvern Town Centre, and continue to the Zoo.

Also the DRL west will never go in the Georgetown South rail corridor, there is no room.

And still no rapid transit to Square One or Pickering Town Centre!

Back