News   Jul 22, 2024
 229     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 1K     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 534     0 

Toronto's teeniest house back on the market

I'm thinking with two more floors above it, a bedroom on the top floor with skylights and perhaps a big sunroom extension on the back this could be pretty cool. That would put it over 1000 sq ft with a nice private backyard :)

The eternal optimist. You are probably thinking that lawn duty would be fifteen minutes, and snow removal with a blower would also be quickly done.

I on the other hand would have to deal with claustrophobic reactions. :)

Does anyone have any pre-renovation pics?

Everyone: Does anyone have any pre-renovation pics of this little house? Those I would like to see myself...Jog my memory! LI MIKE

You mean the 70s-looking one across from Regent Park South? Ah, but it's a 2 or 3 storey one, so it isn't "teeniest"...

Interesting small Toronto house info-and pics...

Everyone: I looked at the other small houses posted here-on such small strips of land. I noticed the web address for the 128 Day Avenue house: www.thelittlehouse.ca/ Too bad I could not find any old pics of that house there. I now remember that the people I visited back about 1990 lived on Boon Avenue-the next N/S street to the west. LI MIKE

this is the sort of thing Londoners are regularly treated to, just before the crest of a market, a flat the size of a shoebox becomes available, usually just steps from Harrods(or somesuch).......price a mere 250k(gbp),invariably the estate agent has had 'several serious offers'..... then the market crashes.

This looks like a (slightly) overgrown wendy house.

house.jpg

They really do have it all figured out: :p

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS​

Answers to most other tiny house related questions can be found in The Small House Book.

General Information

• Where can I see a Tumbleweed house? Is there one in my area?
  • I love your ideas. Is there any way I can find out more about your philosophy?
  • Don't you feel claustrophobic in your little house?
  • Do you have a brochure that I can download or you can send me?
  • What happens in a consultation?
  • How do I place an order online?

Environment

• Are Tumbleweed Tiny Houses environmentally friendly?
  • Is it possible to incorporate green building materials?
  • Have you ever integrated any solar power into your tiny houses?
  • Are the houses warm enough and cool enough to be comfortable?

Building a house

• Can I build one of your houses straight from the presentation drawings posted on this website and in the portfolio?
  • Is there flexibility in your designs?
  • Is there space for laundry facilities in a tiny house?
  • Can I connect more than one tiny house to make a not-so-tiny house?
  • Are your houses strong enough to withstand the winds and rain of a hurricane?
  • The dimensions you list both on your website and in your portfolio are represented by three numbers, what do each of these numbers mean?
  • Do I need a permit?
  • Do the structures comply with my local building codes?
  • What kind of foundation do these houses sit on?

Buying a house

• Is the quality of these houses as good as that of a typical site-built home?
  • Why are some houses available ready-made and others not?
  • How long does it take for a set of plans to be delivered?
  • Why are the weights for some models listed, but not others?
  • Does the weight include the trailer, or is it just of the house itself?
  • What kind of utilities go into the houses?

Back