News   Oct 02, 2024
 3.3K     1 
News   Oct 02, 2024
 615     0 

Toronto's Second Supertall?

Kitsune

Member Bio
Reaction score
So, if we count the CN Tower, when do you guys think Toronto will see its second Supertall built, and where?

why Mississauga City Centre, of course..:p

It will be a mixed use building, condo sales to start next summer, construction start summer 2010, completion fall 2015...;)

Sure sure ...

I say ... not in a long long long time. Not until the next office boom (ps the current one isn't over in my books, we may get a few more out of it, nothing too tall though). And even then we're likely to get a few more BA like buildings before a supertall.

If we do get a supertall it'll be a CONDO! possibly mixed use. If anything ... the only chance of a super tall in the near future is a height extension on 1 bloor east or Auroa.

Well in a long long time we'll most likely get a supertall by todays standards, but in the time its being built, it wont be considered a supertall.

Who cares. On second thought, I do care. I'd rather see four mid-sized buildings eating four under appreciated sites than one supertall.

I would love to see a supertall close to the Waterfront. A nice location would be where the LCBO is between Yonge and Jarvis on Queens Quay.

I'd like to see a supertall that compliments the CN Tower as well. Maybe one with a triangular footprint and a mix of materials like concrete glass and steel. 2000 feet would make me happy too, but I'll settle for 1500 :)

It would have to be on the subway line, or close enough to a station... maybe Yonge and Adelaide, Victoria and Richmond, King and Victoria or perhaps Simcoe and Front.

There are two ways of looking at it from a postcard point-of-view. If you're standing on Wards Island, where would you rather see a supertall? Close to the CN Tower, on the west side of the MINT or slightly east of MINT?

S/W BLOOR and YONGE I would like to see a 1200-1500 Ft./100 storey plus supertall at this location. This areas infastructure is all set for something big to happen here in the future.

SWCornerBloorandYongeSt.jpg

It's bound to happen. I don't think it will happen in the next couple of years, but maybe within 5 years we'll see a proposal pop up.

Here's a good question: What architect would you like to see design TO's next supertall?

I personally vote for Norman Foster. He can do no wrong in my book.

Back