Toronto Yorkville Village (was Hazelton Lanes) | ?m | ?s | First Capital | Kasian

The place is toast, then. When shoppers stopped going to Village by the Grange, they turned the shopping area into ground level condos and retained just a basic truncation of a mall with a food court. Tnis latter survives only because of OCAD; at least to my thinking.

Though it also happens to be practically the rootsiest food court in town...

Though it also happens to be practically the rootsiest food court in town...

I rushed my post, without even a nod to the food court here, thanks.:) Yes, this food court is an underappreciated gem. Interesting non-franchised independent stall owners and for the cautious, a McDonalds.

I noticed that too. It's been closed for a while, leaving a huge dead zone in an already quiet lower courtyard.

Don't know the truth in it.............but I hear rumours that Whole Foods is actually going to expand into the space currently occupied by TNT BLUE.

Wouldn't that be excellent...now if only all the great shops (TNT, Hugo Nicholson- that's about it these days) could move somewhere else in Yorkville with a street presence and then Hazelton Lanes could be demolished!

Speaking of Avenue, the space formerly occupied by Rolls-Royce has been leased. I don't know by whom, but since it's part of Hazelton Lanes, I'm going to assume it's another iteration of TNT, since they seem to be gradually taking over the whole mall.

Looks like the old Teatro Verde location at Hazelton Lanes has been leased. Any idea who's moving in?

Not sure who is moving in. Noticed today that the Tea Emporium is no more, and that the former Spice Room has been boarded up and a work permit issued.

I believe TNT Blu is taking over the space because Whole Foods is expanding into the TNT space downstairs.

I believe TNT Blu is taking over the space because Whole Foods is expanding into the TNT space downstairs.

Really? Where'd you learn that? That's very exciting. I'm very tired of fighting my way through that cramped Whole Foods.

Back