Toronto Yorkville Village (was Hazelton Lanes) | ?m | ?s | First Capital | Kasian

Coming along outside too.

Screen Shot 2016-07-19 at 9.06.01 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-07-19 at 9.05.53 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-07-19 at 9.05.45 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-07-19 at 9.06.01 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-07-19 at 9.06.01 PM.png
    582 KB · Views: 1,568
  • Screen Shot 2016-07-19 at 9.05.53 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-07-19 at 9.05.53 PM.png
    615.9 KB · Views: 1,564
  • Screen Shot 2016-07-19 at 9.05.45 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-07-19 at 9.05.45 PM.png
    728.7 KB · Views: 1,836
That new entrance is a waste of space and will not help to bring in many people. I think this area is where restaurants and cafe type businesses should be located. A Melbourne style alley lined with small food and drink options would have worked well here. Instead, we get just a big, empty space that produces no income and adds no animation. They missed a good opportunity to bring new shoppers in and also create a great destination.

I was there yesterday. What a cold uninviting entrance. It's like a tunnel it's set back so far from the street. The food court was dead at lunch time. the guy at the tea shop talked my ear off, i think he was board out of his mind.

I find the new reno very cold and sterile. Other than Whole Foods. i don't know why anyone would want to go here? There is no major tenant to bring me back. You can find similar high-end boutiques in Bloor and Yorkville area.

I wonder if this mall is fundamentally flawed for today's modern retailer. Are ceiling heights (Excluding Whole Foods) lower than other malls? It seems odd to me that First Capital couldn't attract something like Williams + Sonoma, as an example. Their store on Bloor does relatively well but the rent was too high. There is nowhere else to go in the neighborhood for a more mid-tier retailer that needs 10,000 square feet of space. If it is something like ceiling height - all the new tile and paint can fix that. And since the centre can be majority leased with Whole Foods, Equinox and a full food court, First Capital is disincentivized to do a complete overhaul fixing the structural deficiencies of the mall.

Does anyone know anything about Petite Shell, a coffee place opening at the street level of Yorkville Village? It seems to be a grab-and-go coffee place? I think they're from New York? They don't have a website, and their Facebook page doesn't seem to say much.

I can't understand how the developers thought that making this place look so generic would mean more $$$! There is nothing here that stands out in any way. The whole look of the place is just so ordinary, unlike the neighbourhood!

Back