Toronto Yorkdale Shopping Centre | ?m | ?s | Oxford Properties | MMC Architecture

Metropolis at Metrotown will still be bigger, so this will just barely take the #3 spot from Laurier Quebec.

I dont think wikipedia is up to date... For instance it says 300 by 2012. Yorkdale claims it is 1.6 currently plus 183000 would make it 1,783000.... thats virtually identical.

That sentence makes little sense when read with the rest of the article: looks like an editing error to me (and I know editing errors…)

I dont think wikipedia is up to date... For instance it says 300 by 2012. Yorkdale claims it is 1.6 currently plus 183000 would make it 1,783000.... thats virtually identical.

But after this second expansion of 298,000, wouldn't it be 2,081,000?

I wonder where they will find additional parking spaces, both during the destruction of the parking garage and after. There are not enough spots even now with the garage fully functional.

I wonder where they will find additional parking spaces, both during the destruction of the parking garage and after. There are not enough spots even now with the garage fully functional.

They are going to build underground parking (where the parking structure is now)...I beleive 4 levels. The new expansion will then go on top.

Really only a few options. Build another parking garage on what is currently just a parking lot - most realistic. Or buy up some surrounding single-family homes and demolish them. Or build over the neighouring Allen Road and subway tracks (admittedly pretty far-fetched but definitely the coolest).

My guess is that they don't add anything further than the underground parking that they've already announced and more people just have to start getting there via subway.

They are going to build underground parking (where the parking structure is now)...I beleive 4 levels. The new expansion will then go on top.

Except that they will have to close existing parking to build new parking. The place is already overcrowded with cars.

Except that they will have to close existing parking to build new parking. The place is already overcrowded with cars.

which isn't surprising. as a NYCC condo resident, even *I* drive to Yorkdale. not going to take the bus along sheppard. would consider subway (as I sometimes do when going to BV or Fairview) if a western sheppard extension (or LR) existed, but by the time that's constructed i'll probably be out in the 'burbs with my 1.9 kids.

last night, used the "dine on 3" food court for the second time since it opened. noticed that the concierge desk was deserted (so much for that whole "reserve a table and get sprayed with perfume" thing). note that this was Friday evening. tried famoso this time (last time i tried amaya) and the pizza was surprising good for what i considered essentially "mall food". walked around the food court and noticed the "living room" setup near the patio was populated mostly with what looked like Dufferin/Wilson locals and a few kids who could be extras from a rap video. that part of the food court smelled like armpit. not going to mince words here.

once again, i'm surprised that a mall with such purported "cachet" is surrounded by what i assume are plenty of "low SES" neighborhoods. it just seems so incongruent. meanwhile if take a stroll around Bayview Village, most of the clientele seems to "fit" the cachet of that mall almost perfectly. have never seen any "gangbangers" there!

regardless, i am looking forward to Nordstrom's arrival. although I would have greatly preferred Macy's.

Back