Toronto Yorkdale Shopping Centre | ?m | ?s | Oxford Properties | MMC Architecture

I was kinda shocked at how crowded the food court was.. It might have been twice as big but it seemed like it could have been bigger. The thing that I thought was going to be better and BIGGER was the patio.. Sure the view isnt that good but its still nice to have a option to sit outside. I also think if the outside was bigger then you might not notice the view so much. As it is you are staring over the glass balcony no matter where you are sitting.

Probably the reasons why the food court was busy in the video was it was only the second day it was open and Eaton's Centre was closed that because of the shooting on saturday.

Probably the reasons why the food court was busy in the video was it was only the second day it was open and Eaton's Centre was closed that because of the shooting on saturday.

So all the projects let fled from you eaton centre all the way to yorkdale??? Anyways I've been there three times since it opened and each time it's been busy. I don't cook and it's close by. What can I say.

I see this project is on schedule to be finish in early 2013 as I said it would be based on my visit to it on Monday.

I see they have put up a cover roof area for drop off and Valet Parking by Holt Renfrew with a nice driveway on the south side of the expansion, but not finish yet.

A number of crews were working on site at double time.

A lot of exterior work to be done yet as well landscaping.

I’m pretty sure this is the eastern edge of the mall near the subway entrance where there currently is a tiered parking structure.

I’m pretty sure this is the eastern edge of the mall near the subway entrance where there currently is a tiered parking structure.

Looks like it will be where the old Famous Players movie theatre was. So many memories of that place!

Street frontage for the Nordstrom at Yorkdale? Neat.

URL]

From http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=211996&p=irol-mediakitCanada&redirectmobile=false?

Im going to assume that they are going to build underground parking to make up for parking deck that they will lose. I might be crazy but given the cost of how much underground parking costs Im going to assume that the inevitable will be that yorkdale will eventually charge for their parking. Not only would parking recoup their costs but it might help detract window shoppers allowing enough spaces for actual shoppers. Right now especially on the weekend there is really no where to park. If you eliminated all the window shoppers from the parking lot you would make some extra room for actual shoppers. Everyone would protest any parking fines but if you are going to go buy a burberry or a Gucci purse what really is 5 $ to park. Even if you shop at a middle class store in yorkdale its still going to cost you about a 100% so parking at 5$ is just a 5% tax. Anyways maybe its just my wild imagination but with more and more underground parking the more I think its coming.

A lot of the malls I've seen in the States that happened to have a Nordstrom's also seemed to have valet parking, so maybe that's the plan?

And the thing that really surprises me is that even with all these expansions they aren't looking at adding any office or residential uses to the property. The subway is right there, you've got easy connections to Allen and the 401, there are plenty of amenities in the area, it just seems like it would be a pretty good location for some mixed uses. It would mean more visitors to the mall, too

Back