Toronto York University: School of Continuing Studies | 29.26m | 5s | York University | Perkins&Will

More cladding. From today:

20210608_170931.jpg
20210608_171025.jpg
20210608_171105.jpg

RIP. Those large glass panes are heavy. I remember a pane being dropped on a worker during the Sheppard Yonge Centre renos two years back--sliced his arm almost to the bone, but thankfully he survived with no long term disabilities.

Interesting shape but from a distance looks like a shed. Maybe if it was orange or something. So far turning into a disappointment.

IMG_4573.JPG
IMG_4580.JPG
IMG_4579.JPG
IMG_4578.JPG
IMG_4575.JPG
IMG_4574.JPG

Interesting shape but from a distance looks like a shed. Maybe if it was orange or something. So far turning into a disappointment.
Kinda reminds of those occasional barns in Southern ON I've seen, where the beams holding the structure up are rotting away making the whole building lean at those angles...

I think I'm with Edward on this one. The cladding is a let-down, making the building look much more conservative than it actually is. Some bright colour – or at least some variation in shades – would help highlight the wild angles, rather than disguise them.

Each university president likes to leave a legacy building. Pres. Marsden left the Accolade Building, Pres. Shoukri left the Bergeron Building. This building is an accurate metaphor for the legacy of the current President. Better off without either of them.

Back