Toronto Yonge & Rich Condominiums | 156.35m | 46s | Great Gulf | a—A

And on the portion of the tower without the pattern, I think it would've ended up more cohesive if they had employed wrap-around balconies in order to better cover up the window wall. However, they'd need some balcony guards with a better colouring, the seafoam green isn't working.
I think the balconies aren't full width to reduce the apparent bulk of that part of the towers. If that were full width it might overpower the width of the patterned tower and look like a big shoulder. The balcony length matches the width of the patterned tower in scale.

Seems like an odd comment.
Is this normally a problem for Great Gulf buildings?
Probably no more or less than any other outfits' buildings. I'm pretty sure it's entirely unintentional if it does happen though...

They have started to replace the (copper) cornice on the heritage building and there are new windows installed on most of the east side too

copper.JPG

side.JPG

How soon until pieces of the rat maze start falling off?

On the bright side, we wont notice if any of them are missing.
Seems like an odd comment.
Is this normally a problem for Great Gulf buildings?
It's an idle comment, completely without merit, rather on the wrong side of borderline trolling.
Probably no more or less than any other outfits' buildings. I'm pretty sure it's entirely unintentional if it does happen though...
Unintentional? Understatement of the year so far: no developer wants any piece of their building to fall off, so in fact the pieces are designed specifically not to. No one wants anyone injured or killed pieces of their falling building, and no one wants their reputation to take a hit for that either, no one wants the liability from lawsuits that would follow. The industry took the failing glass issues of several years ago seriously, with millions spent to correct the situation. Broken glass incidents are very rare now. We're not even talking glass in this particular instance, we're talking about cladding panels that have not had a history of detaching from buildings.

Unintentional? Understatement of the year so far: no developer wants any piece of their building to fall off, so in fact the pieces are designed specifically not to. No one wants anyone injured or killed pieces of their falling building, and no one wants their reputation to take a hit for that either, no one wants the liability from lawsuits that would follow. The industry took the failing glass issues of several years ago seriously, with millions spent to correct the situation. Broken glass incidents are very rare now. We're not even talking glass in this particular instance, we're talking about cladding panels that have not had a history of detaching from buildings.

Yes, I apologize if my statement was not as strong as it should of been. But I was dealing with a poster who appeared in credulity to be believing otherwise...so perhaps I was being overly diplomatic in my reply to that. Sorry. >.<

Last edited:

Back