Yonge & Rich Condominiums | 156.35m | 46s | Great Gulf | a—A

interchange42

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
How soon until pieces of the rat maze start falling off?

On the bright side, we wont notice if any of them are missing.
Seems like an odd comment.
Is this normally a problem for Great Gulf buildings?
It's an idle comment, completely without merit, rather on the wrong side of borderline trolling.
Probably no more or less than any other outfits' buildings. I'm pretty sure it's entirely unintentional if it does happen though...
Unintentional? Understatement of the year so far: no developer wants any piece of their building to fall off, so in fact the pieces are designed specifically not to. No one wants anyone injured or killed pieces of their falling building, and no one wants their reputation to take a hit for that either, no one wants the liability from lawsuits that would follow. The industry took the failing glass issues of several years ago seriously, with millions spent to correct the situation. Broken glass incidents are very rare now. We're not even talking glass in this particular instance, we're talking about cladding panels that have not had a history of detaching from buildings.

UtakataNoAnnex

Member Bio
Reaction score
Unintentional? Understatement of the year so far: no developer wants any piece of their building to fall off, so in fact the pieces are designed specifically not to. No one wants anyone injured or killed pieces of their falling building, and no one wants their reputation to take a hit for that either, no one wants the liability from lawsuits that would follow. The industry took the failing glass issues of several years ago seriously, with millions spent to correct the situation. Broken glass incidents are very rare now. We're not even talking glass in this particular instance, we're talking about cladding panels that have not had a history of detaching from buildings.

Yes, I apologize if my statement was not as strong as it should of been. But I was dealing with a poster who appeared in credulity to be believing otherwise...so perhaps I was being overly diplomatic in my reply to that. Sorry. >.<

someMidTowner

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Member Bio
Reaction score

someMidTowner

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Member Bio
Reaction score

fender

Member Bio
Reaction score
Despite the storm, a majority of the scaffolding was dismantled yesterday. Looks like the cornice is complete.
1EC510B0-6FA7-471E-97A9-9AFC5935BA4A.jpeg
E606E7DE-992A-4C04-982D-9706663E6B69.jpeg