Toronto Yonge & Rich Condominiums | 156.35m | 46s | Great Gulf | a—A

Either way, love the way they've increased energy efficiency of the building with the "lattice."

i'm not sure how the 'lattice' increases energy efficiency considering from the render it's still an all glass building envelope with the 'lattice' being superficially applied to the balconies/terraces, etc

judging by the "Richmond" name, does it mean the Richmond/Victoria lot will be incorporated as part of the proposal as well in addition to 24 Lombard?

judging by the "Richmond" name, does it mean the Richmond/Victoria lot will be incorporated as part of the proposal as well in addition to 24 Lombard?

according to another poster:
Unless Great Gulf is only severing and acquiring part of the site, the lands should include the parking lot at the southeast corner of Richmond and Victoria, all the way east along Richmond to the electrical substation and south to but excluding the brewpub building, and everything east of the brewpub building on Lombard including the abandoned heritage building (ex-Laugh Resort) to the lane. Two offset rectangles, joined in the middle, as it were. It has been owned since 1995 by a Hong Kong investor. 20-26 Lombard and 25 Richmond Street East - 32,400 square feet of land in total.

View attachment 9366

Interesting news. I've always wondered about this lot, oddly empty right around the core. Hopefully this fills it up nicely.

Then the remaining question is one about that lot on the north side of Queen between Sherbourne and...Jarvis, I believe. It's huge. But that's off topic.

Then the remaining question is one about that lot on the north side of Queen between Sherbourne and...Jarvis, I believe. It's huge. But that's off topic.

Off topically, that would be Moss Park, and yes, that would be quite the huge (and controversial) development.

Okay, so I know that you mean the lot on Queen between Dalhousie and Mutual, on the other side of Jarvis. There's another thread for that somewhere.

Nearby, they were drilling core samples in the parking lot on the Northeast corner of Church and Lombard this morning.

I agree with others that this is a much-needed development. The core east of Yonge is still very underdeveloped and I'm surprised it's taken this long for a proposal to be tabled for this lot. There are other large lots, like one block east of Pawn Shop Alley on Queen East and Church, which is massive and sucks the life out of the street.

There is a rendering in the full page ad in the Globe today. It looks tallish - taller than the old Bramalea building at Queen and Yonge. How many residential stories that would be I couldn't guess. It also seems just to cover the lot on Lombard, not the one at Richmond and Victoria.

Back