Toronto Yonge & Rich Condominiums | 156.35m | 46s | Great Gulf | a—A

The design somehow got even worse...

I feel bad to say that about an aA design, but yeah, this thing looks yuck to me.

I like it much more - two slender volumes with different expressions rather than the floppy, unresolved thing we were treated to earlier.

What happened to the landscaped terraces? I guess they are gone bye-bye. It was a tease to have seen them in the first place lol.

Why has it vanished? I would assume it was just moved up to the 50th (or whatever level it is) floor. The flat space on the roof is still there, why shouldn't the terrace be?

...And if you're going to go with the 'but the trees are gone' hook, remember that that's a deeper issue altogether.

Well it certainly looks like they have vanished, hence why I asked. Unless you can see them in the renderings. I can't. Maybe amenities are going on the podium rooftop now. Appears to be altered here as well. I'm sure we will find out soon. I like the new design, too btw. And I agree that they often put in trees in renderings that never make it to reality lol.

With this location I say aim higher. We should have two 60+ storey towers here. I don't know why they are so short.

With this location I say aim higher. We should have two 60+ storey towers here. I don't know why they are so short.

I think so too but something should be done on the left side balconies..... I don'd mind the zig-zag balcony design (something different).

This design needs a little tweak to deserve extra height in my opinion.

AA + GG + the perfect location seems to be a no brainer in this market. Really looking forward to some positive design changes.

Heard from the builder, 35 floor and up will be a totally separate condo corp, sharing parking and garbage collection with the lower floors, but have its separate elevators and amenities. 35+ floors will be much bigger floorplans, better finishes and higher price point of course. These will be almost like sub-penthouse higher end units. Less units per floor.

AA + GG + the perfect location seems to be a no brainer in this market. Really looking forward to some positive design changes.

Heard from the builder, 35 floor and up will be a totally separate condo corp, sharing parking and garbage collection with the lower floors, but have its separate elevators and amenities. 35+ floors will be much bigger floorplans, better finishes and higher price point of course. These will be almost like sub-penthouse higher end units. Less units per floor.

It's interesting, Casa III has a configuration like this, floor 42 or so and up will have different layouts. Eau Du Soliel has a lounge at the top of the building for residents of floors 50 and up I believe. It's almost like segregation of investors who typically buy on lower floors versus this new concept of bigger appeals to end users. Of course, theses units won't sell as fast due to price/demand, it'll be interesting to see how this pans out.

The separate condo corp thing is something to keep an eye on with future developments, I wonder if we will see more of this.

Yeah I heard this as well at the broker event. 2 separate condo corps, different entrances (the cheaper units on offer today have a Lombard address, the upper floors a Richmond address iirc), only the upper corp has access to the sky terraces etc.

I now know what a "work sheet" is ha. (No big deal at all, I think SketchUp is rather harder to master than selling precon condos ;))

Last edited:
Every project that has launched this spring seems to have done well. Mind you, I can only think of 3 or 4, and am probably missing out on some. Are any of the entertainment district towers doing well? Also, any word on harbour plaza or 460 Yonge sales? (Both are in registration so I presume early sales are already happening)

Back