Toronto Yonge City Square Residences | 117.09m | 32s | Gupta | Arcadis

I've been wondering about this parking lot right at Yonge & York Mills and I didn't know about this proposal.

I've worked at one of the office buildings in this area. There wasn't a huge variety of lunch options (food court), but it was still a very convenient location with underground connection to the subway station. People who lived in a place with direct access to a subway didn't even need a jacket in the winter. I remember that we could get from our office building to a food court in another building completely underground as well.

Anyways, in general I like seeing office buildings along subway lines like this, so that you get a work/live mix along the subway lines. There are quite a few offices from Yonge & Bloor all the way up the subway line to North York, and people who commute northwards on the Yonge line.

I'd like to see this thing get built, it doesn't really make sense to have a surface parking lot at this subway station. The other glaringly obvious one is the large parking lot at Yonge & Sheppard.

That's one big condo office ! Cool they're moving their office from the 905 in this case, barely, North side of Steeles ; )

It's gonna be the company's head office, it'll have office condos, and it'll house a hotel.

Is it me or does 7 stories seem a little short for all of the above. Any possibility that Easton's will petition to build another tower with a good number of stories on top of a 7 storey podium to be used as the hotel?

It should, also height restrictions in that valley

Technically, it's just an unwritten rule that buildings can't be built higher than valley ridge. It's not cast in stone.

Now that the city is reviewing it's policy in green space including valley, there's an opportunity for city to make that rule official but city refuse to. Thus, whenever a developer proposes a development in valley slope or bottom that will rise above valley ridge, local residents and ratepayers associations must fight it on their own dime as was done for nearby condo proposal at 4155 Yonge, southeast corner of Yonge & WilliamCarson Crescent. In that case, OMB sided with locals instead of developer,... very rare! And developer was not allowed to build above valley ridge.
http://www.omb.gov.on.ca/ecs/CaseDetail.aspx?n=PL120694
http://www.omb.gov.on.ca/e-decisions/pl120694-Jun-07-2013.pdf

Last edited:
Apparently this project is going to be called Yonge Park Plaza.

http://eastonsgroup.com/project/yonge-park-plaza/

Looks like a slightly modified rendering from Gupta Group (modified hotel façade at west end and no more 'peeling' canopy at ground floor):

2015-04-23-4050-Yonge-Cropped1.jpg

I wish the original design would be implemented instead.

This rendering shows that the design has evolved, again, from the previous design. Also, I thought P+S took over the job? Are we back to KPMB again?

They should really rethink the condo office format,.... at the next subway station north, at HullmarkCentre which opened almost a year ago,.... 80% of the condo offices are still empty!

They are sold. That's all that matters.

Big company like Tridel sold all their HullmarkCentre office-condo to small time investors left holding the bag since they can't rent them out now.

Ditto to Bazis EmeraldPark on the other side of Yonge Street where all those 1st floor retail mom&pop store owners and small time investors are now left holding the bag as the third! 2nd floor anchor tenant supermarket is bailing,... thus, EmeraldPark retail mall podium will be an empty ghost mall for the next few years,.. at least,.... great for streetcape of urban area,.... retail mall full of for sale and lease signage,.... but don't worry,... developer sold them all,... that's all that matters!

Back