Richmond Hill Yonge Line 1 North Subway Extension | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx

Metrolinx presenting to York Region Council right now.

Presentation here:

From the above: (look at that grade-change)

1643900863557.png

I don't recall seeing this particular graphic before, but I probably just missed it:

1643900957034.png

For those keeping track, how is the schedule holding up? (any slippage?)

1643901085248.png

Yeah, those are the same as what was showed a few weeks ago. It's a shame they couldn't bridge over the valley but once you have to go under the culvert and allow for the station... that's what you end up with.

Unless I heard wrong, he also still described Royal Orchard as a future station. I guess that's not official, even if the local councillor leaked it?

I could barely make that out
Not even "community", but a tiny number of cranks. These people should be vehemently ignored.

If you have time, you should watch the video of the deputations. People crying, a doctor explaining how bad vibrations are for brain development etc. etc. I think Council walked a fine line, trying to be empathetic while not derailing (ha ha) the plans. Metrolinx talked about all their consultations with the community and debunked their alternatives, for the umpteenth time. I get why the residents don't necessarily feel they trust them but it also wasn't an entirely rational discussion.

If we look back in 20 years and the condo has collapsed and schools in the neighbourhood are showing that children there are mysteriously prone to learning disabilities, I guess many of us will have to eat our hats but... I'm going to hope/assume it'll all turn out alright.

I could barely make that out

If you have time, you should watch the video of the deputations. People crying, a doctor explaining how bad vibrations are for brain development etc. etc. I think Council walked a fine line, trying to be empathetic while not derailing (ha ha) the plans. Metrolinx talked about all their consultations with the community and debunked their alternatives, for the umpteenth time. I get why the residents don't necessarily feel they trust them but it also wasn't an entirely rational discussion.

If we look back in 20 years and the condo has collapsed and schools in the neighbourhood are showing that children there are mysteriously prone to learning disabilities, I guess many of us will have to eat our hats but... I'm going to hope/assume it'll all turn out alright.
If those nimby cranks were correct, then I’m surprised that the skyscrapers of the financial core haven’t been turned to dust 50 times over.

And that kids in Japan, China, London, Paris etc can even walk at this point.

It’s just nimby bullshit.

Ignore and move on. If anything, every time the nimbys complain about vibrations, the design should move the tunnel closer to the surface by 10cm.

Last edited:
If what those nimby cranks were correct, then I’m surprised that the skyscrapers of the financial core haven’t been turned to dust 50 times over.

And that kids in Japan, China, London, Paris etc can even walk at this point.

It’s just nimby bullshit.

Ignore and move on. If anything, every time the nimbys complain about vibrations, the design should move the tunnel closer to the surface by 10cm.
You mean 10 metres ;)

The Environmental Project Report Addendum is available for public review and comment until March 14, 2022.

Open house will be held on February 17 to discuss the report.

Back