Toronto XO Condos | 53.64m | 14s | Lifetime | Core Architects

IMG_5220.jpeg

Those look like tulip trees. If so I bet they'll be dead within a year, they need large soil volumes and don't tolerate salt very well. From my understanding they can be a bit finicky in urban environments and would be better suited for parks or naturalized settings.

Those look like tulip trees. If so I bet they'll be dead within a year, they need large soil volumes and don't tolerate salt very well. From my understanding they can be a bit finicky in urban environments and would be better suited for parks or naturalized settings.
They are. There are a couple on my street in suburban Burlington, only on larger corner lots, where they do ok. Definitely not going to last there which is really unfortunate, especially considering they are rather slow growing and those trees are likely several years old

They are. There are a couple on my street in suburban Burlington, only on larger corner lots, where they do ok. Definitely not going to last there which is really unfortunate, especially considering they are rather slow growing and those trees are likely several years old
Unfortunate indeed and a surprising oversight. They planted a few in my local park and they've even struggled to establish there, quite a distance from the road with minimal hardscaping nearby. It's nice that you have some doing well in your neighbourhood, they are very beautiful but less common around here.

Back