Toronto X2 Condominiums | 160.93m | 49s | Lifetime | Wallman Architects

Good news for us next cycle if Great Gulf can meet or exceed what they're doing at X plus more residential in that area is a good thing. Bad news for those who bought on the south side at X.

The building will be staggered so people with a south view will not be directly blocked. The grocery store/rooftop pool is closer to Jarvis.

What about the view towards the downtown skyline from those facing south and west?

Hence my "direct" comment. Of course it will affect the views. At least it's not directly in front of phase 1.

Still, 2 black buildings will really be an impact at the foot of Charles. And the phase 2 with the upscale grocery store will be great for the area.

Hence my "direct" comment. Of course it will affect the views. At least it's not directly in front of phase 1.

Still, 2 black buildings will really be an impact at the foot of Charles. And the phase 2 with the upscale grocery store will be great for the area.

I think I would rather have a view of downtown rather than an unobstructed view of the back of 100 Wellesley though a grocery store would be a bonus

Where did my view go?!

I think I would rather have a view of downtown rather than an unobstructed view of the back of 100 Wellesley though a grocery store would be a bonus

Yep.. As one of the loser buyers whose SW view will be blocked by this second tower I definitely agree. I bought a high floor unit to hopefully stay higher than anything that might go up on land in front. Damn Great Gulf had to build a twin tower instead of building something more imaginative. Forget the two black towers and the nice supermarket.. I'll take my view back!
At least I will hope that the units a few metres away from me will have some pretty ladies that tend to walk around naked a lot! A man can hope. Then again, considering it is the gayhood, I think I am going to get the opposite. Damn. I lose again.

Last edited by a moderator:
At least I will hope that the units a few metres away from me will have some pretty ladies that tend to walk around naked a lot! A man can hope. Then again, considering it is the gayhood, I think I am going to get the opposite. Damn. I lose again.

Chuck, if you're really all that Prime, maybe you're the one who should be providing his future neighbours with a view...

Yep.. As one of the loser buyers whose SW view will be blocked by this second tower I definitely agree. I bought a high floor unit to hopefully stay higher than anything that might go up on land in front. Damn Great Gulf had to build a twin tower instead of building something more imaginative. Forget the two black towers and the nice supermarket.. I'll take my view back!

At least you will have a good view of the Yonge/Bloor skyline which isn't all that shabby.

ps. A lot of single women feel safer living in a gay neighbourhood - don't feel damned.

The building will be staggered so people with a south view will not be directly blocked. The grocery store/rooftop pool is closer to Jarvis.

That I know, but as stated above basically lake views directly south will be intact, but south city views will be lost and that was my point. I should have been clearer on that point.

X = 453 ft, 580 Jarvis = 448 ft

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge.

Source of above render: wyliepoon

Last edited:
Pizza Pizza's moving day?

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

good catch dt !!

that banner reads: "After 42 years of growth, we're moving to our new head office at 500 Kipling Ave."

Back