Toronto X2 Condominiums | 160.93m | 49s | Lifetime | Wallman Architects

x2.jpg

Going by the order of the X-men films...

X1 should be a surprise
X2 should be the best, while X3 should suck...

lol

Is it time for a thread title change?

X2 The Condominium (Lifegreat (Great Gulf + Lifetime), 44s, Wallman Architects)

so are both homes directly west of the pizza pizza office being destroyed?

Is the tower going to be a square shape...

Or is that just the render??

so are both homes directly west of the pizza pizza office being destroyed?

Yes, sad isn't it. Go to http://www.urbantoronto.ca/showthread.php?t=6578&page=10, post 142 for photos of them.

So this really is called X2, I thought that was an adapted name for the project here on UT.

The rendering looks like a copy of X (certainly not a bad thing!), with the addition of the low-rise setback where the former Pizza Pizza head office currently sits.

^ 41 stories. They have a full page ad in today's Star. Sales office opens November.

Hmm, that's odd. The Final Staff Report (Dec. 11-08) gave them 44 stories, 137 metres (449 feet):

"This report reviews and recommends approval of an application to amend the Zoning Bylaw to permit the construction of a 44-storey building with 465 residential units and 893 square metres of grade-related retail space at 568-580 Jarvis Street and at 99-103 Charles Street East."

Yes, sad isn't it. Go to http://www.urbantoronto.ca/showthread.php?t=6578&page=10, post 142 for photos of them.

So this really is called X2, I thought that was an adapted name for the project here on UT.

The rendering looks like a copy of X (certainly not a bad thing!), with the addition of the low-rise setback where the former Pizza Pizza head office currently sits.

just for clairification, you're referring to the painted gray victorians, and not including the ones currently used as presentation centre for X?

just for clairification, you're referring to the painted gray victorians, and not including the ones currently used as presentation centre for X?

The painted gray Victorian (101-103 Charles E.) and the Victorian where the sales office is located (99 - 99A Charles E.) will both be demolished along with the former Pizza Pizza head office.

The painted gray Victorian (101-103 Charles E.) and the Victorian where the sales office is located (99 - 99A Charles E.) will both be demolished along with the former Pizza Pizza head office.

NO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it's bad enough that one pair will be demolished but BOTH ?!?!?
why must 4 perfectly functional, in good condition, houses be demoed?

NO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it's bad enough that one pair will be demolished but BOTH ?!?!?
why must 4 perfectly functional, in good condition, houses be demoed?

I'm with ya. Charles Street has (and will) lose a lot of whole whack of Victorians and homes of the era this decade. In fact, I'm thinking there were probably 20 or so that lined this street at the turn of the decade, and only perhaps 2 will remain plus the strip just west of the Shoppers Drug Mart at Yonge & Charles where the 7 West Cafe is.

Is X considered Yorkville? I know it is a stretch, but the Charles St. E sign is a Yorkville sign from Church to Jarvis and the X2 is advertising it as Yorkville...

it just sort of registered in my mind that X2 is Wallman Architects where as X was aA. Though looking at them both you'd assume the same architect. X2 seems to be a very direct copy of the first tower...

Back