Toronto X2 Condominiums | 160.93m | 49s | Lifetime | Wallman Architects

3 days later: 19 July 2014:
OJpGS8d.jpg

I wonder what those around in 1969 would think about the changes to their Yorkville neighbourhood?

Are any X2 purchasers wondering why there is no model suite for X2? I purchased at X2 and I'm a little concerned that we won't know the type and quality of the finishes until maybe two years from now when we choose our colour palette. I was told by the sales reps at X2 that the interior pics from the brochure and website is not a true representation of what we are going to actually get. I really dislike not knowing ahead of time, but that's just me. At least purchasers from the X had a model suite to look at so they have an idea of the quality and kinds of finishes they can expect once built. Just want to get thoughts from X2 purchasers and others as well. Thanks.

It's amazing how I can't find a single picture besides a couple renderings of finishes or models or anything. Building sold out based off of a few artists's concepts. No model suite either. Impressive.

Are any X2 purchasers wondering why there is no model suite for X2? I purchased at X2 and I'm a little concerned that we won't know the type and quality of the finishes until maybe two years from now when we choose our colour palette.

If you bought in the building without seeing so much as a model suite, then that's kind of on you.

I might be getting ahead of myself here, but by the looks of it we'll actually be getting properly finished floors all the way to the top. No tool shed sticking out of the top!

You're not getting ahead of yourself. It's been said several times in by his thread and in front page stories that the top of this one will be finished properly with full mechanical floors.

I appreciate that the mechanical box will be appropriately obscured here, but I'm wondering whether the juxtaposition of the two similar towers with differing roof treatments will look awkward. If only X's roof received the same treatment.

I appreciate that the mechanical box will be appropriately obscured here, but I'm wondering whether the juxtaposition of the two similar towers with differing roof treatments will look awkward. If only X's roof received the same treatment.

My thoughts are the same. It's interesting how they're related but don't necessarily work with one another. X1 is rectangular, has a mechanical box, no significant podium. Whereas X2 shares a similar design but is less of a rectangle, is taller, hides it's mechanical, has a significant podium, and even it's cladding appears slightly darker.
I like X1st street level better but X2 is a more perfected design. It's kinda like having an older generation iPhone next to a new one.
Neither one of these buildings is bad by any means, but I do see where the awkward factor comes in. I guess that is what happens when the sequel is planned out or anticipated beforehand.
I see a similar thing happening with Casa 1, 2, and 3

Back