Toronto X2 Condominiums | 160.93m | 49s | Lifetime | Wallman Architects

They've never done that before...

A Miesian tower with I beams on the exterior should presumably have a steel frame of I beams. The I beams are ornamentation, but they're supposed to reflect the functional materials that make up the frame. Seeing a concrete frame on the exterior of a Miesian building betrays this idea. The glass tower you posted, by showing a bit of the concrete frame, demonstrates the Miesian idea as well. It has a concrete frame, so it shows that as part of its architecture.

A Miesian tower with I beams on the exterior should presumably have a steel frame of I beams. The I beams are ornamentation, but they're supposed to reflect the functional materials that make up the frame. Seeing a concrete frame on the exterior of a Miesian building betrays this idea. The glass tower you posted, by showing a bit of the concrete frame, demonstrates the Miesian idea as well. It has a concrete frame, so it shows that as part of its architecture.

I was just making a tongue-in-cheek joke, I know the two would have very different styles of architecture/finishing. For the record I love X and X2.

Today:

6OntAVf.jpg

Thanks for the huge string of updates today JZ. Always appreciated. Though the ground level of Couture is kinda blehh, I really do like this little cluster of black-clad condos. Really adds some much needed contrast to the red and beige brick highrises seen around that area.

Thanks for the huge string of updates today JZ. Always appreciated. Though the ground level of Couture is kinda blehh, I really do like this little cluster of black-clad condos. Really adds some much needed contrast to the red and beige brick
highrises seen around that area.

Thx. Yesterday, I noticed the blehh-ness of Couture's ground level as well, it was quite evident actually but I do like the cluster...

Back