Toronto X2 Condominiums | 160.93m | 49s | Lifetime | Wallman Architects

Not only is it 5 extra stories in height but also add on about 14ft since the standard unit height is 9'. X was 8' from floors 3-17 and 9' from 18+. Plus it will seem even higher with the fins planned to cover the mechanical.
This one is going to have fins to cover the mechanical?

I read that pages ago in this thread, was the reason for one of the planning adjustments with the city. Can anyone verify this? Has any owners asked the sales office?

Yes, the height of the roof parapet will be increased to conceal the mechanical penthouse. The City of Toronto already approved this and I got confirmation from the City employee.

What do you mean by tone down the curtains?

Well some condo Boards issue a rule that requires all window coverings to be in white or off-white. (in this case maybe a different colour)
.. They say well-maintained condos maintain a uniform window look to preserve the design integrity of the building.....if you look at the above pic (#777) by Razz, X-1 looks awful from a distance

^ IMO, the organic/dynamic curtain look works really well at X. Definitely a matter of personal preference, but I'd hate to see a more uniform look at either building.

^ IMO, the organic/dynamic curtain look works really well at X. Definitely a matter of personal preference, but I'd hate to see a more uniform look at either building.

I also really like the impact of the curtains on X. It essentially creates a constantly changing digital pattern on the facade of the building. The key is that the kinds of curtains being used are uniform. If some had venetian blinds and some had drapes, the effect would be ruined.

Well some condo Boards issue a rule that requires all window coverings to be in white or off-white. (in this case maybe a different colour)
.. They say well-maintained condos maintain a uniform window look to preserve the design integrity of the building.....if you look at the above pic (#777) by Razz, X-1 looks awful from a distance

X's Property Management has such a rule that all window coverings are to be only in white. I don't know what else you'd want X to do to make the building more visually pleasing (for you) from a distance?

Cell phone shot from today, which makes no sense because my camera was on my lap:

6T5fZhK.jpg

Cell phone shot from today, which makes no sense because my camera was on my lap:

That podium balances the 60s apartment next door really well. It's a nice contrast. The corner does not feel overwhelming from this angle, but simply pleasantly urban. While not seen, the Rogers building across the street makes for a sort of odd architectural trio, but I think it works because each building is unique and of its time but not ostentatious either.

That podium balances the 60s apartment next door really well. It's a nice contrast. The corner does not feel overwhelming from this angle, but simply pleasantly urban. While not seen, the Rogers building across the street makes for a sort of odd architectural trio, but I think it works because each building is unique and of its time but not ostentatious either.

I completely agree, the decision to move the tower back from the street in that way really works well at this intersection. It's should also preserve the views of X and X2 better than if they had just gone right beside it.

Typically I hate clones, I find it lame and an easy way out, but I think with this project it will be awesome ! Odd how the cladding system still turned out to be black with the colour blocks, when the render indicated otherwise. But I prefer it like this, matching its neighbour.

Somemidtowner: You'll have to get a Samsung Galaxy NX Android-based camera to replace your DSLR because as you're finding out, it's much easier to use a phone camera for updates, ie instant updates :)

When Canon makes a phone that shoots in raw and can fit my EF mount lenses, maybe. Until then, the only thing I would consider replacing my DSLR with would be medium or large format, basically a bigger camera. I don't plan on making a habit of cell phone updates. You can't make a living selling prints of cell phone shots, so I only do it for an occasional snapshot when I am in a moving vehicle, or a tweet when I am elsewhere. My HTC One fits that bill and my camera is fine for photography. That link you posted is statistically mediocre for a camera and way too large to be practical as a cell phone. This was simply "Oh look, X2, click"

Back