Toronto X2 Condominiums | 160.93m | 49s | Lifetime | Wallman Architects

Great Gulf offered to buy the Gerstein Centre and locate them within the X development. No sale.

If the Gerstein Centre was to come down, that's exactly what I had hoped would happen. It's a really valuable asset in the community and would be a shame to see it go. I bet they are holding out for a better price on the property.

They are drilling ground samples today. This is the first activity I've seen on this site since the Pizza Pizza building was torn down.

Ground samples it is. Heard there will be 7 levels of parking. This one is going deep.

IMG_0749.jpg

actually it will be 6 levels of parking . Unless the builder added another level of parking that I wasn't aware of.

A worker at the Couture site mentioned it would be 7 levels. X2 was to be 6 levels, but since they tacked on another few stories, I believe they are going down to 7 levels. But who really knows I guess :)

based on my sales disclosure dated Sept 2010, parking is 6 levels. maybe they added a 7th level recently.

They are drilling ground samples today. This is the first activity I've seen on this site since the Pizza Pizza building was torn down.

This was done last spring, I guess they are now taking samples from where the homes and offices once stood.

Heavy equipment was working on site when I passed by an hour ago.

They dug up a 60 or 80 foot section along the north end of the site. I wonder if this is exploratory digging or the beginning of excavation? I can't recall if they pounded those things into the ground around the perimeter of the site or not (I forget what that's called).

Back