Toronto X The Condominium | ?m | 44s | Great Gulf | a—A

Oct. 8th

A few views of X from Charles Street West

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

10 October 2009 photo update

My view of X:

dsc09552h.jpg

My view of X:

dsc09552h.jpg

Considering there's only about 2 floors left to go, there's quite a height difference between Casa & X. I thought the two would be a little closer than that.

Considering there's only about 2 floors left to go, there's quite a height difference between Casa & X. I thought the two would be a little closer than that.

Looks like the shot is from the West, and Casa is 2 blocks closer, I think why it looks larger. I was looking at them from the South and they looked pretty close in height.

X is only a floor or two from Casa's height... Was looking at them driving into the city on the DVP. I have a friend who has a good view from Spire and will post some pics soon.

X is only a floor or two from Casa's height... Was looking at them driving into the city on the DVP. I have a friend who has a good view from Spire and will post some pics soon.

I think you're quite mistaken. I don't know the actual height of X but it has ceilings that are a foot shorter than CASA. Also the first 5 podium floors of CASA are taller...I beleive this is the case for the first 2 of X. Plus CASA is 2-3 floors higher. I think CASA is probably going to be a good 70-80 feet taller than X.

I think you're quite mistaken. I don't know the actual height of X but it has ceilings that are a foot shorter than CASA. Also the first 5 podium floors of CASA are taller...I beleive this is the case for the first 2 of X. Plus CASA is 2-3 floors higher. I think CASA is probably going to be a good 70-80 feet taller than X.

Hmm, maybe, but it is how it looks from the North or South, maybe someone can enlighten us with the actual specs registered with the city?

X has 8' ceilings from the 4th - 17th floor (13 floors), 9' ceilings from 18-44 (26 floors) .

The best information I can find from X's planning report indicates that X was reduced from 141 metres (462 feet) to 129 metres (423 feet) to the roofline (not incl. mechanical). Then there was an application last April for a 2 metre (7 foot) increase. So that likely means the building is 131 metres (430 feet) + mech. Casa's height as per the latest planning document I have (which corresponds with the 400' list) is 138 metres (453 feet).

X has 8' ceilings from the 4th - 17th floor (13 floors), 9' ceilings from 18-44 (26 floors) .

The best information I can find from X's planning report indicates that X was reduced from 141 metres (462 feet) to 129 metres (423 feet) to the roofline (not incl. mechanical). Then there was an application last April for a 2 metre (7 foot) increase. So that likely means the building is 131 metres (430 feet) + mech. Casa's height as per the latest planning document I have (which corresponds with the 400' list) is 138 metres (453 feet).

Makes sense! Thanks for the background specs :)

Back