Toronto X The Condominium | ?m | 44s | Great Gulf | a—A

Love your photos too, your contributions have been sensational!
I lived at 33 Wood for one year on the north side so those views are very familiar. It's a good building but no sun on the north side & there was a waiting list for the south side apartments so I moved. I've got friends at 45 Carlton too. We nearly bought in there way back when (huge suites there) until we learned no dogs are allowed :(

45 Carlton is an old building though... but they're adding new elevators, etc... I think you can have small dogs in the building but i can't be sure... That is a busy building with lots of people... Mike Eppel from 680 news used to live there :)...

DT, do you have a skyscraperpage account?... because people always post your photos from UT because there's no one to post them on skyscraperpage.. they really like your photos down at skyscraperpage.... you should join.... that's where I started :)

***X IS planned to be taller than Casa but it's hard to imagine it at this stage because it's got only a few more floors to go (around 5 i think)

Last edited:
I think Casa and X are pretty close in height, but the distance between them makes it look like Casa is taller... If X is planned to be taller I do not see how this would change at this point. But I might be wrong.

45 Carlton is an old building though... but they're adding new elevators, etc... I think you can have small dogs in the building but i can't be sure... That is a busy building with lots of people... Mike Eppel from 680 news used to live there :)...

DT, do you have a skyscraperpage account?... because people always post your photos from UT because there's no one to post them on skyscraperpage.. they really like your photos down at skyscraperpage.... you should join.... that's where I started :)

***X IS planned to be taller than Casa but it's hard to imagine it at this stage because it's got only a few more floors to go (around 5 i think)

According to the latest 400' list":
Casa Condominiums - 453 ft. 46 floors 138.1 m
X The Condominium - 453 ft. 45 floors 138.0 m (originally 448ft + "approximate" 2m increase that was applied for in April of this year)

I don't have an account at SSP, I lurked there for a time when UT was down for several weeks last winter or spring. If I recall, I signed up several times but never got confirmation of an account that I created there.

According to the latest 400' list":
Casa Condominiums - 453 ft. 46 floors 138.1 m
X The Condominium - 453 ft. 45 floors 138.0 m (originally 448ft + "approximate" 2m increase that was applied for in April of this year)

I don't have an account at SSP, I lurked there for a time when UT was down for several weeks last winter or spring. If I recall, I signed up several times but never got confirmation of an account that I created there.

Hmmm, well X is 44 floors so I am not sure how accurate that is.....

Does anyone know what the upgrade prices are at X?
Optional bar/ darker laminat floors/marbel counter tops/pot lights....?

I remember someone posted the upgrades price list in X's real estate thread

The stitching is a bit awkward - but I'll post it anyway:

3972176561_7e50eda801_b.jpg

The narrowness of the individual panes of glass on this building seem to mimic and emphasize its slender overall side proportions. Beautiful. I wouldn't mind a forest of these.

Does anybody think that this may actually beat BSN to occupancy? That would be CRAZY. It may not look like that from the outside but I think they may actually be at a higher floor on the insides then they are at BSN. It's taller and started at least a year later I think?

Does anybody think that this may actually beat BSN to occupancy? That would be CRAZY. It may not look like that from the outside but I think they may actually be at a higher floor on the insides then they are at BSN. It's taller and started at least a year later I think?

well BSN is by Cresford and everyone knows their track record for being on time ... nuff said ;)

October 1 2009 update

40th floor being poured at X Condominiums ~

Elevations - Northeast, Northwest, Southwest, West
Click to Enlarge Image

I'm impressed to see GG building 'real' walls as balcony dividers
Click to Enlarge Image

Putting Green
Click to Enlarge Image

Thanks for the update and the pictures! Much appreciated, I barely have a chance to walk around that area anymore...sweet.

I live in 45 Carlton and it is a sweeeet building! Some crazy people living there, which is always fun...for me, at least, since I'm just as crazy as most of them.

Back