Toronto X The Condominium | ?m | 44s | Great Gulf | a—A

missing beams

Apparently I'm blind. I see no such thing.

Doesn/t matter K if you see it or not in the pic..take a walk by the building and you will see it..on the northwest and west as well as east sides..some missing lines/beams on otherwise completed floors.As I said I spoke with construction workers and they are aware of it(so please do not doubt what I am writing..thank you!)Thank you Tuscani for pointing out the pics but in person it is much clearer..though these are excellent pics as always by DT Geek!

And what does 'Yeah but' refer back to? It all looks very non sequiturish to me.

Yeah but don't you think this is too high? (after all 44 floors is quite high)

Short answer: no. There's nothing wrong with height. Yes, 44 is quite high, but why is it too high? I mean what sort of subjective system are you employing to determine the right height?

June 27

IMG_june-27-09-0205.JPG

IMG_june-27-09-0206.JPG

IMG_june-27-09-0207.JPG

IMG_june-27-09-0208.JPG

IMG_june-27-09-0209.JPG

Thanks for the pics drum!

How many hours did you spend today taking pictures?

Just 4 considering I plan on doing more.

Photos/Missing beams..

Xcellent photos Drum118!
And to my earlier post re.missing beam it is very clear in Drm118's photo # 3..on the 4th floor east side almost at the northeast corner you can see one of the beams not installed..yet all the others. And this is noticeable in numerous spots.Again I spoke with a construction worker..he did not know why they did not install them yet assured that they would (of course , I wouldn't expect them to forget to!~)

Oooooo ...... now I get it .... I was looking for a missing 'beam' (which is usually horizontal), while in fact it was a vertical piece that was missing ~

thanks for the pin-pointing it XBOYZ ... :)

Now I see it. I was looking for beams, which is not what is missing. That is just the cladding. Beams are a structural support.

What a sexy building. I have a great feeling this one is going to be a classic. Great Gulf does it again.

X Progress

The pictures being posted for this building are great. Keep them coming. I agree with others, Great Gulf's attention to detail, and staying true to the original design is showing. Unlike the earlier Spire project on Church that was built without the Spires.

Back