Toronto X The Condominium | ?m | 44s | Great Gulf | a—A

I have a view of the building from my office King East and it looks like a strip of black cladding is being added to finish off the building. I don't think this is for supporters for fins (looks like we will be keeping the ugly m-box). Also, it looks like they are taking down the crane today.

Yes I saw this too. Big disapointment.

4326219582_5667c22398_b.jpg

Dismantling tower crane (view from west about 3:30 pm).

Last edited:
parapet panels

great picture showing the penthouse and mechanical penthouse. the membrane has started to be applied on the penthouse level parapets. before long we will all notice the parapet panels that get installed infront of the concrete.
there is definitely two different schools of thought on how the top of this building looks, but putting that aside, what a masterpiece compared to other projects in the same price range.

Feb 3

Attachments

• IMG_2335.jpg
    IMG_2335.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 234
  • IMG_2337.jpg
    IMG_2337.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 229
  • IMG_2336.jpg
    IMG_2336.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 234
  • IMG_2339.jpg
    IMG_2339.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 233
  • IMG_2326.jpg
    IMG_2326.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 229
Great photos! I love this building so much. If there was going to be any building in Toronto I'd want to live in, this would be it.

Great shots! The cladding on the balcony is moving up real fast now! I crave for X2 :D :D :D!

Great photos! I love this building so much. If there was going to be any building in Toronto I'd want to live in, this would be it.

The views are probably top notch thats for sure! :D

For now... Cursed X2! *#@!&%*!!!!!!

Well... they positioned X2 away from X1 (so they aren't face to face) but i believe they are corner to corner... The views won't be completely screwed up unless you have an west facing unit (and want to look south)

Well... they positioned X2 away from X1 (so they aren't face to face) but i believe they are corner to corner... The views won't be completely screwed up unless you have an west facing unit (and want to look south)

Or a South facing unit and want the downtown city view (CN Tower, etc..). Although a semi view of X2 will not be all that bad. Better then looking at 90% of other Toronto Condos. Plus West facing units will get a great view of 1 bloor, hoping the design is wicked.

Overall, this is my fav. building in Toronto right now, slightly ahead of Casa. Even with the boxy mechanical top. I even like X more than the Ritz, which is a much higher scale building.

Do you think we will still enjoy living in our beautiful building with the noise from X2 and Couture in the works ;) for the next 2-3 years ...

Along with the crane being taken down now, the concrete ledge where we were hoping they'd install one "faux floor" of glazing has now been capped off with black trim... so... that answers our question.

On one hand that's really disappointing, but on the other, this tower looks stunning and is going to be even better once the balconies are all capped off.

Do you think we will still enjoy living in our beautiful building with the noise from X2 and Couture in the works ;) for the next 2-3 years ...

A good friend of mine lives in a S/W corner unit at Bloor Walk condos (Hayden Street, next to where Couture will go) and he cursed the demolition and construction noise at X for 2 years, especially Saturday mornings so prepare for it.

There was allot to be demolished, hehe :D ...
Not to so much prep work for Couture and X2, but still, I can't stand noise.
The idea of ruined sat and sun mornings is auful :(.

Back