Toronto Worklofts + Flatiron Lofts in the Film District | ?m | 11s | Lamb Dev Corp | Core Architects

Chances are if it's at least 70% sold, then the developer will put it on hold since they probably have more to lose if they 'cancel' and have to go back in the market with new sales, etc.

Then there's also the fact that BJL would have still have to pay the commissions to his agents for the sales even if they were to cancel the project.

Fingers crossed.

193519.jpg

This proposal is sweet. I'd rather see it go ahead than many that actually are.

Man...this intersection needs some love. Too bad we're going to have to wait until the economy gets running again before this intersection gets some attention.

flatiron

The design of the building is good. Who doesn't like a flatiron? The problem is the height. I still don't understand how Lamb got away with almost doubling the density of other buildings on Carlaw or, perhaps more accurately, why councillor Fletcher agreed to it. It had to exceed the existing zoning.
It's not all about shadows. One of the attractions of Leslieville is it doesn't have high-rises (except for the anomoly, McCleary Towers, on Logan, a seniors residence, which only proves the rule). The area has a low-density feel to it that I love. Buildings of this height are going to change the vibe entirely. Six storeys would have been much better.

I still don't understand how Lamb got away with almost doubling the density of other buildings on Carlaw or, perhaps more accurately, why councillor Fletcher agreed to it.

The city failed to respond in the alloted time, so he was forced to go to the OMB, which ruled in his favour.

The city failed to respond in the alloted time, so he was forced to go to the OMB, which ruled in his favour.

Now that the project is ON HOLD, how long does the OMB ruling last ... indefinitely?

If the project is modified, that means the OMB ruling is nul, does it not?

The project is definitely NOT on hold. Spoke to the developer and it is definitely going ahead. It's a good looking project and this area's really shaping up well, so I'm glad the site isn't just going to be abandoned. The title of this thread needs to be changed.

Their website is still up and running too.

Okay, there is a lot of boosterism for this project out there. But does anyone else agree that this project is just too high? Once this goes in, it will be a precedent for 12-storeys right up Carlaw to Riverdale Ave. where, of course, it will abruptly stop as the leafy infuence of 'prime' Riverdale makes itself felt. Does anyone actually living in Leslieville look forward to a canyon of highrises up Carlaw? I don't.

Does anyone actually living in Leslieville look forward to a canyon of highrises up Carlaw? I don't.

No, but 11s would not be considered HIGH-rise.

Mid-rises like Freedville have added to the fabric of that area, why not here?

Back