Toronto Woodside Square Redevelopment | 112.1m | 33s | WSIM Group | Graziani + Corazza

what's the current status for this development? just wanna know the chances of this getting approved by the municipality as i live around the area, thanks
It is highly likely to be approved in the coming months, and then take years to gradually be redeveloped, a phase at-a-time.

Royal Canadian International Circus has the parking lot booked again for this summer so we know nothing is being touched for at least another year.
You're mixing up Woodbine Mall with Woodside Square Mall. The Royal Canadian International Circus does not have Woodside Square Mall listed on its official Summer 2023 schedule and it has never been booked there in the past. The only Summer 2023 performances in Scarborough by the Royal Canadian International Circus are at Bridlewood Mall.

Last edited:
Hi would like to provide an update in regards to Woodside Cinema Expansion. I am quite close to the administration - York Cinemas. York cinemas owns the following properties - Woodside (Scarborough) , York (North York) , Central Parkway (Mississauga), &.Albion (Etobicoke). It was noted earlier in this forum that the existing Woodside Cinema location is popular for Bollywood movies. That is actually not the major chunk of films they play. Although they do show Hindi movies their main category of films are South Indian films. Huge portion being Tamil, Telugu and Malayalam Cinema.

It seems like the upcoming expansion which is supposed to be grand is presently undergoing negotiations. However I do want to inform you that those looking forward to seeing Hollywood movies will be in for a surprise. The present owner (South Asian owner) of Woodside cinema is the one in talks for this new expanded cinema. So they will primarily be showing South Indian movies. It is most likely not going to be showing any Hollywood content. Hollywood movies will continue to go to Cineplex chain. Cineplex does everything it can in its power to prevent competition in core GTA. So although this expansion is exciting it is going to mainly serve the South Indian community.

More details on the first look and development can be found on the website with a video. The video gives a good idea of how the new Woodside Cinema will look.

Last edited:
From the link in the post above:

1688246382392.png

This description accompanies the above:

1688246435296.png

1688246471008.png

From the link in the post above:

View attachment 489247

This description accompanies the above:

View attachment 489248

View attachment 489249
Yes this is just a rough model. But here is a YouTube video that also has this rough first look. I am sure there will be changes and all but this will primarily serve South Indian community. At the moment Cineplex is not taking these movies since 2015. So this will be a much needed upgrade for the South Indian community as there are no quality locations much.

Even for Hollywood Cineplex is so so so lazy and taking advantage of its monopoly. For Example they are still using outdated projectors in many locations and very old seats when the rest of the other countries like USA UK and all are doing way better thanks to competition. I have pasted a video below showing the Woodside Expansion. I believe this Cinema will be better than many Cineplex locations when it’s done.

Yes this is just a rough model. But here is a YouTube video that also has this rough first look. I am sure there will be changes and all but this will primarily serve South Indian community. At the moment Cineplex is not taking these movies since 2015. So this will be a much needed upgrade for the South Indian community as there are no quality locations much.

Even for Hollywood Cineplex is so so so lazy and taking advantage of its monopoly. For Example they are still using outdated projectors in many locations and very old seats when the rest of the other countries like USA UK and all are doing way better thanks to competition. I have pasted a video below showing the Woodside Expansion. I believe this Cinema will be better than many Cineplex locations when it’s done.

Although it is great that the old cinema is getting upgraded, I am disappointed that English movies would not be played at this new location. Do you know what will happen to the current underground location?

Although it is great that the old cinema is getting upgraded, I am disappointed that English movies would not be played at this new location. Do you know what will happen to the current underground location?
Yes well the owners are South Asian and they take pride in their heritage so they would always give preference to South Indian movies. But even if they wanted to screen some English films Cineplex would not allow it. It is just few minutes away from STC and Cineplex is very anti competitive. This is how they have survived so long. So Cineplex pretty much uses all its lobbying power to keep competitors out. It is Canada after all we are plagued with monopolies. The old location would mostly not exist they would be moving it to this new renovated place.

Back