Toronto Whitehaus Condominiums | 107.28m | 31s | Lifetime | Turner Fleischer

It's really really clunky...as much as the red is nice, the podium looks like a supersized block, like something in North York's downtown. The tower is pretty much a twin of the old Postal K redevelopment, and it makes it so both projects look worse IMO...not that they're amazing anyway.

This building gets a C-rating from me. There's times where I've pass by and perhaps with the stars-aligned lighting and time of the day, it looks alright. But on majority of occasions it just disappoints thoroughly. The podium and stepped back Yonge Street facing component in red is decent, but not enough to carry the overall project. The material execution on the tower unfortunately drags this down overall, and puts it in the lower echelon of current/recent Yonge & Eg projects.

100% agree; well, I might not be as kind as a C-rating...........

But the red-toned frontage on Yonge, while far from brilliant, is not a displeasing colour; there's nothing particularly terrible in it. It's the 'star' of this project, and if the rest looked like it, it might be a B/B-

But....sadly this is only one small component..........

This photo from my earlier series above typifies the worst of this thing:

1609610388940.png

The sheer volume of Spandrel..........UGH!

Not to mention the vapid hospital-green tone (hospitals from the early 60s and before had this colour everywhere.........)

Apparently making people nauseous from the wall colour used to be considered a positive in treating illness and injury.

This bit gets a G-rating, not as in general audience, but as in Gross with a capital G and one grade worse than a fail.

Overall D+

Last edited:
But is it really red, or a reddish brown? Red is what I see on that CBC building downtown. This is far from that...

...and oh yeah, almost forgot: A belated Happy New Years to everyones!

But is it really red, or a reddish brown? Red is what I see on that CBC building downtown. This is far from that...

I would say it's in the rust/copper series of tones.

There is some red in there.

The red on CBC is Poppy Red.

That side is brought to you by Colgate.

Ya know; at first I just smiled; then I thought..........oh no.........ADRM is giving bad developers, worse ideas.

Large letters...........this is the Colgate Condo.........

Welcome to the Tide Lobby; enjoy the elevators by Zanax; next stop, the TD Bank 10th floor.

It looks terrible from the library. I'd take the old plaza any day over this clunker. The entranceway for the retail looks a little less than impressive...I struggle to find any redeeming value in this gigantic mass of a building.

I feel the jokes are Crest'ing here...
Proctors are gambling on the success of this condo.

It can be Charmin, though it can be Pepto or a-Bismol. The Scope would matter. It can go over Heads & Shoulders and Always Dawn, a Gain in Joy.

Last edited:
Wait Diamond Schmitt designed this? I did not expect this garbage to come from them.
They were hired, provided Lifetime with quite a cool looking plan (check the earlier pages), were told to value engineer it a few times. It happens at projects all over the city, more often than not. The final product shouldn't be simply seen as a work by a particular architect, but as a collaboration with the developer as well: they control the budget, and we get what they pay for.

Back