Toronto Westwood Condominiums | ?m | 6s | Alterra | Richmond Architects

Wow, I can't believe this is being built in Etobicoke...I was totally expecting some vaguely historicist cheap-ass schlock.

I am saying it, because it is just right by the subway. It is ridiculous to see condos being built with no lower commercial levels!

The lack of foot traffic on this street would doom any retail, and most residents of the condo would not appreciate living above light industrial.

I doubt the sales will be successful for these new upcoming Westwood Condos, the fact it is a small building and will be more friendly oriented building. Westwood Theatre Lands should permit the condominiums to be built with lower commercial for further small business opportunities. Hard to predict future in this area.

Well.. not June... but construction fences are up....

We currently live in the Network Lofts, but will likely be moving well before these are finished as it is going to make the parking lot exceedingly busy, and the area will generally be cramped. Plus it doesn't fit the look of the area at all....

Oh, and our parking garage will probably collapse from the weight of the building on top of it...

I posted this picture in the wrong section. Here it is again -

dctw95.jpg

Good to see another parking lot die. I wonder if the massive industrial lands to the south will be redeveloped over time - the area is as big as downtown...

Back