Toronto Westwood Condominiums | ?m | 6s | Alterra | Richmond Architects

I past the sales office window on Monday and loctation is supposed to be The West Kings Way, not on Fieldway Dr.
5903861652_cfbbb99777_b.jpg

5903287987_d1f9ae4fc7_b.jpg

5903280961_696acbeab2_b.jpg

5903840846_1932e2fb8c_b.jpg

Anyone else notice the exotic looking babe used in the ad in the Condo Guide? Westwood is challenging Allure Condos for having the most attractive girl in their condo ads.

From what I understand, the outdoor parking lots that is recently occupied by the residents of Network Lofts - it seems Alterra will give them a covered parking space, in order to built a building on that site. Half of the site will be occupied by the condominium, whereas the back of the proposed condominium will consist probably 3 storey at level grade parking with courtyard on top.

With condos replacing employments lands all across the City, where are people supposed to find jobs? Brampton? Starbucks?

Not quite I expected. Alterra's move in simplicity of modernism in low-rise building, 6 storeys definitely helps to boost up the area especially there are a lot of post-war homes around. So with these new move, post-war homes could have chance in life to have second stories boosted up and make more richness of the area. The only main concern is, as what DC83 discussed, industrial zones are being eliminated around that area so I have no idea where are they going? The biggest lack of this area is no nearby food market! You would need a car to get to food market, unless you want to settle only for beers at Beer Store that is just 2-3 mins walk away from this new Westwood Condo! I have a feeling Beer Store is the next target of creating condos.

Hopefully increased residential development will see the addition of grocery stores and decent retail for all the new residents. Sometimes it's a slow process though, I believe it took a good 3 years before CityPlace got that Sobeys.

Not quite I expected. Alterra's move in simplicity of modernism in low-rise building, 6 storeys definitely helps to boost up the area especially there are a lot of post-war homes around. So with these new move, post-war homes could have chance in life to have second stories boosted up and make more richness of the area. The only main concern is, as what DC83 discussed, industrial zones are being eliminated around that area so I have no idea where are they going? The biggest lack of this area is no nearby food market! You would need a car to get to food market, unless you want to settle only for beers at Beer Store that is just 2-3 mins walk away from this new Westwood Condo! I have a feeling Beer Store is the next target of creating condos.

If one spend sometime looking at the industrial zones between Bloor and Lake Shore, Islington to the East Mall, the buildings are very old with low ceiling height and a high vacancy rate. Will cost a fair dollar to bring them up to code as well for use.

Most building don't meet the needs for today light industrial needs as well the tax rate being very high compare to other areas in Toronto or the 905.

The industrial that exist decades ago don't exist today because of changing times for technology and can be done cheaper off shore or elsewhere.

You can find this issue in all cities and towns today in the GTA as well NA.

To find a grocery store, one has to go south to the NO Frills on Islington, NO Frills East of Runnymede, Basic Food and Metro at Cloverdale area all on transit routes.

That whole south side of Bloor west of Islington is waiting for redevelopment.

If one spend sometime looking at the industrial zones between Bloor and Lake Shore, Islington to the East Mall, the buildings are very old with low ceiling height and a high vacancy rate. Will cost a fair dollar to bring them up to code as well for use.

Most building don't meet the needs for today light industrial needs as well the tax rate being very high compare to other areas in Toronto or the 905.

The industrial that exist decades ago don't exist today because of changing times for technology and can be done cheaper off shore or elsewhere.

To find a grocery store, one has to go south to the NO Frills on Islington, NO Frills East of Runnymede, Basic Food and Metro at Cloverdale area all on transit routes.

Well less that tax bit ... that's a Toronto specialty :)

Now you have said it, I agree with you. I have seen them going on empty and putting signs, "For Sale/For Lease"... it is going to be different after 5 years for sure. Look at 1040 Islington (where the Premier Fitness was) - that whole acre of site, used to be an industrial zone, now going in for residential and commercial zone so yeah, for sure all those industrial areas are waiting for redevelopment. I really hope this time for one good big food market gets settled in that can be a walking proximity distance. Has anyone heard about stockyards being redeveloped as a new shopping center on St. Clair and Keele? This could have been a nice addition at Westwood Theatre lands, but there we have Sherway Gardens and surroundings it, so who would want it on Westwood Theatre Lands? I am saying it, because it is just right by the subway. It is ridiculous to see condos being built with no lower commercial levels!

Back