Toronto Westlake Encore | 146.3m | 45s | Onni Group | P + S / IBI

Well, there goes HBS's hope for a non-Italian full size restaurant/bar (if the BMO rumors are true)...

FYI, there is a new Thai restaurant a few doors north on Park Lawn. I haven’t been inside yet so I have no idea how large it is. Our own preference is to take an easy walk west along Lake Shore into old Mimico. There are a number of restaurants on that stretch. Or favourites are Lavinia, one of the best Spanish restaurants in the city and Tich, an excellent Indian place.

This is not to deny that some greater variety at Westlake would be desirable! Sunset Grill doesn’t do it for me.

March 26th, 2019

Does anyone know what is that glassed-in structure on the roof of the new commercial building? Just a mechanical/utility space? As I saw the stairs leading up there during the early phases of construction, I was hoping it was going to be an access to the rooftop for a potential restaurant patio. I guess not?

Lavinia, one of the best Spanish restaurants in the city and Tich, an excellent Indian place.

Thanks for the suggestions.

That building (Fronting Park Lawn) finally says "Leased". Anyone know what it is? The early rumours (last summer) varied from BMO moving there temporarily while their property gets re-develooped), Jack Astors, a day care, etc. Anyone know what it is?

I cannot imagine drop offs and pick ups here. Going to be a nightmare. People better be walking to do this.

I would imagine a lot of the time it will be a "drop a child off on your way to work" situation, hence cars. The driveway between the 4 Westlake buildings is already a cornucopia of chaos most times of the day. Additional kiss-n-ride traffic definitely won't help to alleviate the chaos. However, they finally opened up the road behind this commercial building, connecting Westlake Encore (10 Park Lawn) and Key West (36 Park Lawn). This should create additional routes for people to navigate the area and will probably be where kiss-n-ride happens.

I was personally hoping for a big bar with a rooftop patio here. Instead, a rooftop playground... Oh well, can't have it all. But I am sure this will be a welcome addition to the area.

From their website:
New Location Coming Soon
Summer 2020
Our beautiful facility is located near the intersection of Lake Shore Blvd. and Park Lawn Rd. We are expecting to grand open in summer 2020.
We will offer a full range of programs and activities. Age groups are from 6 months to 5 years old with full time and part time option.

Good to see a child scare centre opened in this area, it's desperately needed.

On a side note, the public realm in this entire Westlake development is an absolute disaster. I've gone down to area quite a few times in the past few months, and just taking a look at how poorly cars navigate the shops, the horrid "pedestrian" streetscape and navigation, and the poor accessibility design makes the entire complex a giant fail for me.

Then add to all that, the fact that it just backs away from Park Lawn, really I dont know what the hell Omni was even attempting to "design" here.

You'd think this project is done and dusted, with people having moved into the building a couple of years ago. Even the title of this thread claims that the building is "complete". But riddle me this, batman: what's with this wall?

PXL_20201121_195217675.jpg

PXL_20201121_195237319.jpg

PXL_20201121_195543657.jpg

I thought they were waiting for the fence between Encore and Key West to come down before laying the brick. Nope, that was done months ago. Did they just give up on it? Can they just leave it as is? Who should I contact to complain about this?

On the other note, daycare has been up and running for a while now, which is good:
PXL_20201121_195436980.jpg

What that means is that at the street level this building is permanently curtained windows, which is somewhat unfortunate:

PXL_20201121_195408139.jpg

You'd think this project is done and dusted, with people having moved into the building a couple of years ago. Even the title of this thread claims that the building is "complete". But riddle me this, batman: what's with this wall?

View attachment 284636

View attachment 284637

View attachment 284640

I thought they were waiting for the fence between Encore and Key West to come down before laying the brick. Nope, that was done months ago. Did they just give up on it? Can they just leave it as is? Who should I contact to complain about this?
Yes, citizen, that wall is most certainly a crime! Is it possible that the Key West ownership to the north of Westlake has not agreed to close off those parking spaces so that Onni can have the brick laid? I would suggest that you contact the Commissioner's office to see if that can be sorted out.

Yes, citizen, that wall is most certainly a crime! Is it possible that the Key West ownership to the north of Westlake has not agreed to close off those parking spaces so that Onni can have the brick laid? I would suggest that you contact the Commissioner's office to see if that can be sorted out.
lol
ask for Batman and thou shall receive Batman

Back