Toronto West Harbour City | ?m | 36s | Plaza | BDP Quadrangle

I don't know why, but I actually like this building. It looks really interesting while driving along the Gardiner. It has a Gothic look to it in its shape, though the overall quality and detailing are nowhere near the classical skyscrapers it takes its cues from.

I agree, it's a terrible building but I can't help but like it. It's sort of like Bloor Street Neighbourhood in that way, all clunky and out of proportion, somewhat clumsy details and questionable design.... it's great! Shit, the last thing the city needs is one more polite square box, not that there's anything wrong with square boxes. This is playful and sort of feels like a new version of the Victorian era mock-gothic seaside summer home, in a bigger way.

I really enjoy this building. It's beautiful and different from all the glass we've been seeing. Kind of refreshing!

img7340.jpg

I agree, it's a terrible building but I can't help but like it. It's sort of like Bloor Street Neighbourhood in that way, all clunky and out of proportion, somewhat clumsy details and questionable design.... it's great! Shit, the last thing the city needs is one more polite square box, not that there's anything wrong with square boxes. This is playful and sort of feels like a new version of the Victorian era mock-gothic seaside summer home, in a bigger way.

I don't think it's terrible, I rather like it. WHC is somewhat unremarkable from a distance but as a poster noted above it's much more interesting up close. Kudos to Plazacorp for spending the money on the details here.

I really enjoy this building. It's beautiful and different from all the glass we've been seeing. Kind of refreshing!

I'll second that, very refreshing.

April 13 2009 update

the "West Harbour City" skyline .... literally ~ (composed of Waterpark City, Atlantis, WHC, Malibu) :)

IMG_3650.jpg

Is there going to be retail in the bottom of WHC? (and the other developments going up along there) That area is in some serious need of retail, restaurants and a coffee shop. In Malibu, the whole bottom space is occupied by a bank. It's so dead. With the new park going up there, people are going to need some food & drink options.

No Retail

I've purchased a 2 bedroom at West Harbour City Phase 1 and there is no retail at the street level at all. A store for milk and bread would be great as well as a Starbucks but I don't think they have any retail planned.:)

I've purchased a 2 bedroom at West Harbour City Phase 1 and there is no retail at the street level at all. A store for milk and bread would be great as well as a Starbucks but I don't think they have any retail planned.:)

You could always go to Sobey's at Cityplace. :) I think it will be ready in a month or two.

Loblaws Superstore

When I purchased in August 05 we were told that a Loblaws Canadian Superstore was going to be built at Bathurst and Lakeshore Road in the old warehouse there. Does anyone know if that is still the case?:)

No retail for this project!! ... right forget my other opinions, it officially sucks now.

Back