Toronto West Harbour City | ?m | 36s | Plaza | BDP Quadrangle

Not a great building,not a bad building.It does have a different look to it.Not all glass like the towers nearby and it does give height to the neighbourhood.

To anyone whose seen the view, it should be obvious. It is a precast monstrosity jutting out from between trees.

what happened to Malibu and the 2 built WaterParkCity towers ?? ;)

When the concrete plant moves, (when is this happening) is there anything planed to take it's place yet?

It definitely seemed to me like it was operating ... it doesn't have a large foot print but it will be interesting to see what replaces it.

It must be doing amazing business over the last 5 years or so ... it's in a good location to.

Is it moving or being closed down?

It definitely seemed to me like it was operating ... it doesn't have a large foot print but it will be interesting to see what replaces it. It must be doing amazing business over the last 5 years or so ... it's in a good location to. Is it moving or being closed down?
It is moving to the "Concrete Campus" in the Port Lands (near Unwin/Leslie). This has been discussed in UT, probably further up this thread.

A shot from my window.

Attachments

• West Harbour City.JPG
    West Harbour City.JPG
    73.5 KB · Views: 349
Thats one wicked view you got there! Just a couple more floors to go for WHC before topping off.

I just realized how similar WHC & BSN(Bloor Street Neighbourhood) are.
Starting to prefer this style of building over the other predominate Toronto design trend - aA's Peter Clew's glass boxes.

WHC's completely coordinated and elegant design by Quadrangle is far more convincing than Northgrave's BSN mishmash.

concurred ... but I guess that is the difference between a planned project (WHC) vs one that is thrown together as it keeps on growing with Cresford getting greedy (BSN went first from 20s to 26s, then 26s to now 32s) :p

Last edited:
concurred ... but I guess that is the difference between a planned project (WHC) vs one that is thrown together as it keeps on growing with Context getting greedy (BSN went first from 20s to 26s, then 26s to now 32s) :p

BSN is by Cresford.

WHC's completely coordinated and elegant design by Quadrangle is far more convincing than Northgrave's BSN mishmash.

Don't get me wrong, WHC is definitely better overall than BSN.
They are however, similar in the use of setbacks, in the amount of precast covering vs glass that they utilize and in the look of the precast and the windows.
The difference is WHC has a nice symmetry to it, while BSN is like you say, a mishmash. Still i'll take BSN over some of the many variations of glass boxes going up in this city, at least theres an attempt at some creativity and originality.

Modernist architects do not in the slightest consider their work to exhibit a lack of creativity - they just practice their creativity through restraint and economy of line, and in the harmonious nature of the totality of the project (if they're any good). Normally you have to be even more creative to execute good work when you have all of the restrictions that disciplined modernism demands from its practicitioners.

I would take WHC over some of the less rigorously modernist towers in the city - things like WaterParkCity just to its west for example - but BSN? Nah, that slop rates way down the list, and it is far outshone by the sleek glass Casa just across the street from it.

Meanwhile I am looking forward to seeing the entire WHC complete: it could be quite impressive.

Back