Toronto West Harbour City | ?m | 36s | Plaza | BDP Quadrangle

Why are there so many lines in the windows?

Please excuse me but this is all new to me but why are there so many lines in the windows being installed?:eek:

2d99eb6dd6b04bbbba2ebdf2eb5a724e

the exterior "window wall' is composed of a series of operatable and fixed windows, what you see as "lines" are simply frames of individual windows and/or spandrel glass. If you bought in WHC, hopfully you didn't think or expect that you would get one continuous piece of glass for your windows ~

sorry if I am totally misunderstanding you question though :)

Thank you.

Thanks for answering. It just looks to me as if there are 9 different sections in the main window. I guess I was expecting less sections if that makes any sense. Yes I did buy here in Phase 1, 21st floor.:)

I find it unfortunate that they didn't choose a darker colour for the mullions

congrads on ur new condo @ WHC ~ it's a good choice you've made ... I look forward to seeing some "insider shots" in the future ;)

I thought that the concrete facility was being moved? I read that somewhere else sometime a while back.

It will be moved to the eastern part of the port lands, I am not sure of the timetable, but some concrete companies have already moved there. This is part of the TEDCO/Waterfront Revitalization plan.

It will be moved to the eastern part of the port lands, I am not sure of the timetable, but some concrete companies have already moved there. This is part of the TEDCO/Waterfront Revitalization plan.

The St Mary's / CBM concrete ready-mix plant on Bathurst / Fort York is supposed to move in "early 2009" and their new facility looks almost finished at Leslie and Commissioners - part of the 'concrete campus'. I did hear though that they may keep the Bathurst plant active for a few months longer to be closer to their customers on the adjacent site(s). But, I bet it will be gone by this time next year. Question is, will anyone then build there?

Wittington Properties own the entire Fort York Neighbourhood redevelopment lands and have sold off pieces to developers over time (including Lanterra/H&R, Concord Adex, Malibu, Plazacorp) ... soon enough we'll see if anyone bites on acquiring the blocks extending north from WHC to Fort York Boulevard ~

Has anyone been in the sales centre for Phase II of late? Curious to see how they have been selling since they reopened the sales centre for Phase II. I'm sure all sales offices have seen a slowdown over the past few weeks... Noticing a lot more places offering 5% down vs. the 10-20% they were looking for last year.

soon enough we'll see if anyone bites on acquiring the blocks extending north from WHC to Fort York Boulevard

WHC Ph.3 is fairly sizable chunk with two planned mid-rise towers and townhouses

Not sure if this happened in the pit of West Harbour City II or Neptune....

-------

ctvtoronto.ca

Three construction workers have been taken to hospital after falling into up to 15 metres into a pit at a construction site.

The fall left one man with a possible broken back, another unconscious and the third victim suffering from a leg wound.

A worker said a wooden form into which concrete is formed to create a column gave way at the Fleet Street worksite on Tuesday morning.

A condominium is being constructed there on the site of the old Molson brewery plant just east of the CNE grounds.

Officials say today's gusting winds may have played a role in the accident.

---------------

Three workers hurt after concrete falls from crane
Web Staff, cp24.com

Emergency crews rescue an unidentified construction worker from an accident on Fleet Street. (MyBreakingNews/Tom Jeffers)

Three workers have been badly injured after a piece of concrete fell from a crane at a downtown construction site.

The incident occurred just after 9:30 a.m. Tuesday at a condo development at 640 Fleet St. One of the three victims is unconscious, while another may have suffered a serious spinal injury, says Toronto Fire Services District Chief Stephen Powell.

"We have one victim who can't feel his legs," Powell tells CP24, saying one of the workers fell about 50 feet into the pit dug for the building's foundation.

Powell says the third victim suffered a gash to the leg.

The fire department was on scene to remove some of the victims from the pit using a special basket.

The Ministry of Labour is investigating the cause of the accident.

Not sure if this happened in the pit of West Harbour City II or Neptune....

A condominium is being constructed there on the site of the old Molson brewery plant just east of the CNE grounds.

The incident occurred just after 9:30 a.m. Tuesday at a condo development at 640 Fleet St. One of the three victims is unconscious, while another may have suffered a serious spinal injury, says Toronto Fire Services District Chief Stephen Powell.

I know WHC is on the old Molson brewery site but I can't confirm the address being 640 Fleet St.

Glad to hear no one was killed but they sound seriously injured.

Back