Toronto West Don Lands: Blocks 17 & 26 | 141m | 43s | Aspen Ridge | Core Architects

The St Lawrence Neighbourhood Assn (who are incorporated) are going to court - tomorrow on behalf of many neighbourhood groups.
injunction.jpg

The St Lawrence Neighbourhood Assn (who are incorporated) are going to court - tomorrow on behalf of many neighbourhood groups.
View attachment 295357
Confirmed through Wong-Tam that this court application is the city injunction. Apparently, court may acknowledge it anytime today or tomorrow even

If only the province was as interested in fast tracking essential transit expansion.

I don't understand why the province has to demolish these buildings. They seem like perfect candidates to be incorporated into any new development. I'd argue they're essential given the composition of the area.

Ford isn't doing himself any favours in dissuading the idea he's in bed with developers.

"But in a statement provided to CP24 earlier on Tuesday a spokesperson for Minister of Municipal Affairs and Housing Steve Clark said tat a heritage impact assessment was conducted on the site and that it determined that it is “not of provincial significance.

"The spokesperson said that alternatives to demolition were considered but it was ultimately determined that those would not be feasible “due in part to the contamination of the property, requiring full remediation.”

Of course it's not of provincial significance lol.

It's of municipal significance though. You'd think the government "for the people" would understand that.

"But in a statement provided to CP24 earlier on Tuesday a spokesperson for Minister of Municipal Affairs and Housing Steve Clark said tat a heritage impact assessment was conducted on the site and that it determined that it is “not of provincial significance.

"The spokesperson said that alternatives to demolition were considered but it was ultimately determined that those would not be feasible “due in part to the contamination of the property, requiring full remediation.”

Of course it's not of provincial significance lol.

It's of municipal significance though. You'd think the government "for the people" would understand that.

The province needs to show their homework on this one. If this is true they would have made it public before backlash, not after.

Reminds me of Michael Scott declaring bankruptcy in the office.

What a pathetic display by our province. In the middle of a state of emergency lockdown, they arrogantly come in without consulting with the community at all and start punching holes in a heritage resource that means something to the community and the city. Let's hope the injunction is granted and eventually this disgrace of a government is forced to rebuild what they destroyed.

The SLNA injunction is being heard at 4pm today. I do not think the City is (officially anyway) involved.
According to Wong-Tam, city is acting as a respondent in the application as directed by Mayor Tory, and city lawyers are involved. Not sure if this means that the city is still pursuing their own injunction still scheduled for feb 2...

I don’t think anything would give me more glee than Doug Ford /province having to rebuild demolished buildings on site brick by brick.

Preferably with the injunctive order that every dollar it costs come out of Ford's and Clark's personal pocket book, not the Province's funds.

Back