Toronto West Block Est. 1928, The LakeShore, and The LakeFront | 130.75m | 41s | Choice Properties | a—A

Monday, May 22/16

B208262F-5182-43CB-9858-582936FE83DA.jpg

The condos here have been rebranded 'The LakeFront'. From June 9:

DSC03705.jpg

DSC03704.jpg

Attachments

• DSC03704.jpg
    DSC03704.jpg
    380.6 KB · Views: 1,945
  • DSC03705.jpg
    DSC03705.jpg
    441.7 KB · Views: 1,922
West block is the overall development from what I understand

Are both towers being rebranded or will there be the Lake Shore and the Lake Front? That's what I gather from this http://thelakeshorecondosvip.ca/
Whoops, you're right PL! The LakeFront is the second of the towers down there.

I agree: I think the names have next to no impact. I mean, you wouldn't name a development "The Slaughterhouse" or "The Swamp" or "Nerdlinger Central" or "Tepid Towers" or "The Idi Amin" or "The Trump" or "Zika City" or "Mussolini Gardens" or "The Pyongyang", but there is a range of names to draw from that don't have to be anything more than a little aspirational to sell suites. The LakeShore and The LakeFront are acceptably vaguely positive, if as square as the towers they are being applied to.

What do you guys think about this project? The builder/Cityplace's reputation? Appreciation down the road? Thanks for any insight!

What do you guys think about this project? The builder/Cityplace's reputation? Appreciation down the road? Thanks for any insight!

The 3 neighbourhoods (Cityplace, Fort York, Bathurst Quay/Stadium) that surround this site I feel are completely separated right now due to the dead space at this corner. This retail will really help the liveliness of this intersection. I think it will help the Bathurst Quay neighbourhood the most but will also create more pedestrian movement from east to west across Cityplace which will help the liveliness of the neighbourhood.

Now if a developer rebuilt the TCHC property on Bishop Tutu (townhouses plus a 10 story apartment) and the Esso at the same time it will finalize the transformation of the private section of this intersection.

the other problem is the intersection itself. One of the most dangerous in Toronto and will get worse with more pedestrian crossing to get to Loblaws. Something has to be done. E.g. bury the LRT under this intersection and get rid of Fleet St (from the west you can turn left onto Bathurst via Fort York so westbound Fleet can be made redundant).

Finally it will be interesting to see what is done with the Waterfront School (215 kids from K-8) once the behemoth school development is made in Cityplace. Is it made redundant? Specialization in a subject or grades (e.g. JK or special needs or French immersion for the Waterfront School)? 2 schools 600m away from each other that are both general in nature is a waste.

Back