Toronto West Block Est. 1928, The LakeShore, and The LakeFront | 130.75m | 41s | Choice Properties | a—A

IMG_0557.JPG

IMG_0560.JPG

IMG_0562.JPG

IMG_0563.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0557.JPG
    IMG_0557.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 901
  • IMG_0560.JPG
    IMG_0560.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 751
  • IMG_0562.JPG
    IMG_0562.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 743
  • IMG_0563.JPG
    IMG_0563.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 793
The excavation around the "bents" really emphasizes the terrible condition they appear to be in.
Yes, those ones were not restored a few years ago when all the others on that part of the Gardiner were done. I assume because they knew they would soon be exposed and thus easier to access. (The others were not in such obviously poor condition - I suspect they had been patched over the years.)

Whatever its architectural merits, or lack thereof, this will ultimately be a good "glue" development, helping link the waterfront to CityPlace and other areas north of the Gardiner, providing much needed retail and services to the Fort York condo zone, further establishing the public use of the under Gardiner overall vision, and injecting some street life into a very desolate stretch of Lake Shore and Bathurst.

Havent seen any progress pics in a while. Would be great if someone can post any recent pics of the development.

The bulk excavation is complete. The owners are in the process awarding a contractor to build the buildings. This would include the foundation and drainage work.

So apparently the site is flooded.

Ha! Really? I noticed loads of water trundling in there from my balcony the other day and I thought I wonder where all that water is coming from, I meant to have a closer look when I was walking by the site later that day but forgot

Garrison Creek did used to run through that area, and I believe that the site of the old Molson plant, where there are now condos, flooded during excavations.

Back