IMG_2125.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,483
  • IMG_2127.JPG
    IMG_2127.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 1,500
  • IMG_2128.JPG
    IMG_2128.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,500
I'm willing to bet that the four-crane Eau du Soleil excavation per/construction site is a little bigger than this one.

Why is this site so large? Based on the rendering, it doesn't look like the entire pit will be part of the ground-floor footprint.

The parking garage is underneath pretty much the whole park as well as the tower.

Where the heck does all that fill go? Somewhere in Ontario there's a gotta be a small mountain that's just the dirt that used to be in this pit.

Good question--I read a story on that a while ago, I believe in The Star, alleging that both regulations for landfill disposal and enforcement are inadequate, and that a fair bit of fill is going to places it shouldn't not least because of possible contamination issues. I heard it's a bit of a wild west in this regard.

The province should have used the fill to build a massive ski hill/mountain. That's one thing this region is missing.
Or turn an industrial area into a neighbourhood park for people, like they do elsewhere.

I also would have liked to see all this landfill be used to create the Humber Bay islands that were talked about before. Or be used to expand the sqft of Ontario Place.

soil goes all over the place. Sometimes to other construction sites that need fill (particularly subdivisions, which often need to purchase large amounts of dirt for the extensive grading required), sometimes old aggregate pits, sometimes to less than scrupulous locations like peoples backyards. People are usually willing to pay a couple hundred bucks a load to dump fill.. A surprisingly common event you see is people purchasing a rural property, dropping several hundred loads of fill, and moving out of country. The Greenbank Airport in Scugog just had this move pulled, they claimed they were extending the runway then promptly dumped thousands upon thousands of loads of fill on top of the runway and abandoned the site.

Back