Toronto Wellesley on the Park | 194.15m | 60s | Lanterra | KPMB

This building certainly has potential. The tower looks pretty good with all the curves surfaces, hopefully it will be built close to the renderings.

Yeah, lawns don't work in this city. They become eroded dirt pastures pretty quickly. I'd love to see one of those lawns fenced and allocated for a community garden or something. Our standards for "parks" are so low. Any space that doesn't have a building on it, or a parking lot, is called a park.

Is that not just a tad hyperbolic Roy? Lots of lawns make it through the summer just fine here. It's just that they have to be maintained, (watered, mowed), and you've got to put hard surface paths where people are going to walk.

It makes me crazy when the diagonal traces that people make across green space are not made paths in the first place, because they'll turn into either muddy or dusty tracks (weather dependent) nevertheless, but we do have a number of recent spaces where this seems to have been thought out in advance. The extreme example is the park at Sheridan College's McCallion Campus at Square One where the angled pathways are everything; it's pretty great.

Similarly, landscapers now have more tools in their arsenal to keep grass green as long as the money is there, and in ground drip systems seem to be the way to go. They use less water than sprinkler systems and don't get people wet. If the community is clear that they want lawns I here, they should insist on the money going into the infrastructure to keep it all properly watered.

Today

11 Wellesley site 3.jpg
11 Wellesley site.jpg
11 Wellesley sales office.jpg

Attachments

• 11 Wellesley site 3.jpg
    11 Wellesley site 3.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 1,144
  • 11 Wellesley site.jpg
    11 Wellesley site.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 1,157
  • 11 Wellesley sales office.jpg
    11 Wellesley sales office.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 1,180
Pic 5.jpg
Pic 1.jpg
Pic 2.jpg
Pic 3.jpg
Pic 4.jpg
Pic 6.jpg
Pic 7.jpg
Pic 8.jpg

Attachments

• Pic 5.jpg
    Pic 5.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 949
  • Pic 1.jpg
    Pic 1.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 938
  • Pic 2.jpg
    Pic 2.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 945
  • Pic 3.jpg
    Pic 3.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 971
  • Pic 4.jpg
    Pic 4.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 951
  • Pic 6.jpg
    Pic 6.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 949
  • Pic 7.jpg
    Pic 7.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 954
  • Pic 8.jpg
    Pic 8.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 948
This is preconstruction, so none of those renders mean anything.

Hyperbole. Of course they mean something. Sure some details may change a bit, but the end result will be recognizable.

The pool area looks awesome. Hopefully it will turn out well. At least there's the potential for it to have these features. If they weren't even in the renderings it would make it near impossible to have any of it.

interchange42 -

Yes, but how many times after a building's been built do folks say, "Boy, that looks nothing like I/we thought it would."

Well, it's pretty rare for a building to look nothing like its renderings actually.

There are instances where we pounce on a project because it's experienced some value engineering, something we call The Cheapening™, where some details may have been omitted in the end. That seems to happen more often to canted elements than anything else: Vü condos and Limelight both lost angled columns.

The most frequent difference between renderings and finished buildings would be spandrel. Spandrel sections are frequently left out of renderings, and simply shown as windows. One of the reasons why is that sometimes the exterior is designed and the renderings created before the suite layouts have been finalized. Without them settled, it's not known where some of the interior walls and spandrel panels will be. That said, I believe that developers should do what they can to minimize the difference between vision glass and spandrel if they aren't going to render them.

Okay, I'm blathering. Yes, there are occasional differences. No, buildings are rarely "nothing like" the renderings. I'd be surprised if this one turns out significantly different from it's renderings.

The form of the tower makes zero sense to me, but the material palette looks fresh and appropriate for a park setting. Interested to see unit layouts etc.

The form of the tower makes zero sense to me, but the material palette looks fresh and appropriate for a park setting. Interested to see unit layouts etc.

The layouts can be found here:

http://urbantoronto.ca/forum/showth...t-W-(Lanterra-Developments)-Real-Estate/page2

While most units are small (like every pre con project these days), the floor plans for the most part are square so less wasted space, especially compared to Lanterra's ICE (which has turned out great but has terrible floor plans).

Back